Is This Normal??

CountryBumkin

Mummy&Fiancee :) x
Reaction score
Hello ladies..
Im 2 weeks away from being 5 months pregant.. Yay!!

The only thing is that im not showing atall..Before i got pregnant i was a healthy 8 and a half stone then the morning sickness started and ive weighed 7 and a half ever since. Its just weird that i have absolutely nothing considering how far gone i am..Is it normal??

Also im having alot more discharge than normal ( sorry if tmi ) haven't told my midwife though as whenever i have had an app my OH has been with me.Have been too embarrassed to say anything about it whilst hes been there.

I keep getting shooting pains too??

Hope you can help as im a first time mum and haven't a clue whats right and whats not ..

x

I didnt start to show until about 21 weeks and I didnt get a proper bump until this past week. it is all in how the baby is positioned and how strong your ab muscles are. Also the discharge is normally not a problem. My doctor told me i might get so much that I would have to use a panty liner. Hope that helps

Hiya :flower:

At the moment im 21+4 and i dont have a bump either. I weighed 8stone before becoming pregnant and then went down to 6 1/2 stone due to morning sickness. I think it perfectly normal not to have a bump yet, some women dont get a bump until 6-7months!! Especially as its your first (mine too :happydance:) it will take longer for you to show. The shooting pains are probably round ligament pains where your body is getting ready to start stretching, these are very normal. Oh and im right there with you on the discharge :blush: midwife said its fine as long as it doesn't smell, burn or turn a funny colour. Hope this helps!! xx

discharge is disgusting but totaly normal to get alot more during pregnancy. and as for no bump i hardly had anything with my first son at this stage and like u i was 8.5 stone before pregnancy.
i understand about not wanted to talk about it infront of ur oh, i didnt tell my oh about it till one night i had it bad n he tried it on hahaha safe to say he left me alone that night

I'm a healthy weight for my height and just last week started getting a bump. I'm 19 weeks now and had one stranger notice and ask when I was due, but for the most part, it's still small and easily hidden.

So I'd say not to worry, especially with your first! I know some women with no bump until 21+ weeks, and then they woke up one day and whamo, there it was. Don't let all the people with 'bumps' (ie, bloat) at 8-10 weeks make you think that something is wrong with you, because there isn't. Some women just hold it in longer than others, others never go through the bloat stage.

Discharge, also totally normal! I've got loads of it. Wear a panty liner, and call your doc if it smells funny or itches. The extra discharge is a symptom of the progesterone and also helps keep bacteria out of your vagina.

:flower:

the lack of bump is normal. On my first i didnt ever get a bump. Seriously, i stayed in my pre-pregnancy clothes throughout. I wore a size 8-10 (uk) from day 1.

As for discharge, i have had so much at times its felt like i've peed myself :blush: its all perfectly normal, everyone is different and every pregnancy is different.

On my 2nd i had a bump at 34weeks and on this one i had the 9week bloat. Hope this helps xx

Well with my daughter I didnt show at all...with the twins I have a very small bump,most people say I should be bigger,but I feel this way,as long as they are growing good thats all that matters.

Thank you so much for all your advise ladies :) Its really made me feel reassured ..
How we all enjoying pregnancy then??
Im starting to enjoy it alot more now as i had the worst morning sickness EVER to start off with!! It was horrendous!
xx

When I was pregnant with my son Corey I didn't know for the first 4 months because wasn't showing and no symptoms really then realised it'd been a while since my last period and then found out but I wasn't showing 'til around 22 weeks. Didn't tell my parents 'til I was 21 weeks pregnant! Then in the last 3 months from 7 months I got the bum quite fast! I was around 7 and half stone before I got pregnant with him. He was born at 39 weeks by elective c-section and weighed 7lbs 4ozs.

Hi hun, when I was pregnant with my girls. I didn't show till a lot later in my pregnancy. The discharge is normal too, so don't worry. Just as long as it doesn't smell or it's a funny colour, then I'm sure everything is ok. As for the stabbing pain, I get this too. It's more of a throbbing pain though. I will talk it over with my midwife next week, but I'm sure it's all pregnancy related :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->