is this normal

nicole_

Aidy's Mummy
Reaction score
if LO isnt feeding or sleeping, hes fussy and grizzly
he always has to have his dummy or he cries and thrashes about unless he swaddled or snuggled inbetween my lap and the sofa
i always thought it was normal that he needs constant attention but thinking about it now, hes never content to just lie there with no dummy, swaddle or being fussed over. hes always squirming about
surely there should be sometimes where hes happy to just be?

Emily has only a few short periods of time where she's happy to 'just be'...isabel was pretty much the same I think at this age...some babies seem more content/low need but most at this stage need lots of your time

In a month (approx) they're more interested in toys so can have periods on playmat with babygym and stuff like that

thanks its nice to know hes not the only one :) lol

Is he grizzling when he's squirming around? It may be he's happy squirming about, he just doesn't like to lie still! My LO is like this - she cannot be still. I still have to swaddle her at night :wacko:

I thought my LO might have been abnormal too when she was that age, because we had pretty much the same issue. With her, I think she would especially be like that when she had a bit of a tummy ache. Occasionally she would burp and kind of settle back down. If this was the case, rubbing her belly or back a little would help a bit. But honestly I think some of it is that we're just not entertaining enough for them at that age. So holding and snuggling is really all you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->