is this normal? :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by nlz2468, Nov 17, 2011.

1. nlz2468

nlz2468 Well-Known Member

I have been getting what i can only describe as like cramping pain like you would get with a period and lower backache with it aswell. I experienced this a couple of weeks ago when i was asleep in bed it started off with lower back pain then it seemed to travel onto my front and it felt like a really tight cramping feeling then it went within a few mins.

I had it again last night and it woke me up i thought i was having a contraction but no sooner it came it went again within a couple of minutes but i'm not going to lie its not a nice feeling it does hurt :shrug:

what could this be? braxton hicks? my uterus stretching pains? please help is this normal or should i contact my midwife

2. Kristin52

Kristin52 Well-Known Member

Could be BH. but I've never experienced them. I would call your MW if you're worried.
    if there's no blood or anything, I'm sure it's normal, but always double check with the mid-wife.

3. ange30

ange30 Well-Known Member

sounds like braxton hicks /tightenings , does your bump go hard ? x

4. mummy2b2010

mummy2b2010 Mummy of 2 expecting#3

It could be braxton hicks hunnie,i used to get them awful with my son...make sure u deink enuf fluid as that makes them worse and lay on ur left side as it helps the circulation better :) if it gets really bad contact your midwife xxx

5. SnowWhite90

SnowWhite90 Well-Known Member

I used to get these aswell!! My doctor told me it was round ligament pain and completely normal!!

Try not to stress yourself out to much, i know these are scary, but its just your uterus making room for the baba :D xxx

6. nlz2468

theres no blood but i always run to the bathroom to check it is in a way like a contraction feeling but i don't get them all the time i experienced this for the first time a couple weeks ago and then last night it happened again it does worry me.

7. nlz2468

The only reason i havent rang the midwife is because i experienced this a couple weeks ago and i had my 20 week scan yesterday and baby is fine and well and because i am not bleeding i know the midwife will not be worried as i had my scan yesterday and all was fine but it does worry me. I will keep an eye on it if get any more i will phone midwife x

8. nlz2468

do you still experience these pains? mine arnt regular i experienced my first cramping and backache around 18weeks ish and then i got my second one last night whilst i was asleep at 20+4weeks