Is this PCOS and Metformin Question

SherryDupo

Reaction score
I was told a month ago I have PCOS. I'm not well educated on PCOS in fact the only thing my doctor said was "You have PCOS, which is cyst on your ovaries, Im going to give you Metformin" I took the Metformin once and by no means will I take it again. Ive never felt such stomach cramps and it made me so sick. SO I read about PCOS online and I don't have any symptoms of it. My cycles are what I call irregular, but now what my doctor calls irregular. If you have PCOS or knows someone who does can you tell me if this is PCOS causing this.

Due to start no later than 3-30. Since the 15th Ive felt off. By 3-18 I started having cramps that have just progressively gotten worse. The past 3 nights (usually way worse at night) I have slept on and under heating pads, because my stomach, lower back, and pelvis ache really bad. The pelvis pain makes me feel like a wish bone. Ive had the full breast that I normally get, but my nipples hurt so bad. I know 110% I am NOT pregnant..but my period just wont come. usually this all happens the day before I start. So again is this what PCOS does to you? *you watch as soon as I post this AF will come, which is fine like I said Im absolutely certain it isnt pregnancy*

Also what is a natural alternative for metformin? I just cant handle that medication, but Im willing to try anything else. My doctor suggest birth control and obviously I dont want that

My PCOS causes me not to have periods (I once went a full year without one) and when I do have a real one they are heavy and painful! I usually get a period every three months that I can get away with wearing a pantie liner so nothing at all. But like I said on rare occasion I get a real one they are from HELL!

I also don't ovulate because of it and grow extra hair on my face. Not a lot but enough for me to have to dye it or pluck.

I had the same side affects from metformin as well. After a while they die down but the first week or so is awful and they did bring on my period. But due to other side affects like feeling like I was going to pass out I stopped it. Now I am on provera and clomid.

A natural alternative to Metformin is a Low GI Diet. You can also try Inositol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->