Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by LoveGirl, Nov 16, 2011.

1. LoveGirl

LoveGirl Loving my little cupcake

My OH was listening to my uterus the other night (at 10+2) to see if he could hear a heartbeat. He was in the middle and heard nothing then moved his ear all the way to the left side and said he heard a faint rapid thumping. I had him tap out the beats on my leg and he listened for a few minutes. The next morning at my first appt, my Dr. placed the doppler on the center of my uterus and all we heard was white noise. On to the right side and still white noise. As soon as she moved it all the way to the left, we heard it loud and clear. A strong heartbeat!

So is it possible my OH really heard our baby's heart with his naked ear? If so, he's going to be my own personal doppler!! I know I should have asked the Dr. if it was true but I didn't want her to think I was insane. Opinions and/or experiences with this?

2. fairydust87

fairydust87 Mummy & Noah <3

Ive never heard of that before. Sorry...x

3. Praying4O

Praying4O Having a baby BOY!

i dont think so...it was probably your heart beat that he heard. the heart is SO tiny but i have heard past 20wks u POSSIBLY can at times...

4. tmr1234

tmr1234 Guest

Not at 10 weeks it was prob yours

5. LoveGirl

I personally don't think it was mine because I had my hand over my heart and his tapping was very rapid. Thanks for your opinions, ladies!!

6. hnaturally

hnaturally Well-Known Member

Haha my husband tried that too! He couldn't really hear anything... actually he yelled at me for making so many noises inside while he was trying to listen lol.

7. LoveGirl

Haha! My OH said, "Your belly's growling... you need to feed the baby."

8. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Mummy

Would be cool if it was but I doubt it TBH. If you think about how tiny the baby is I would have thought it was practically impossible. x

9. Lyric716

Lyric716 Well-Known Member

I would say it was a pulse because you can't hear a babies heartbeat just with the ear....not even with a stethascope at 10 weeks.