Is this possible?

LoveGirl

Loving my little cupcake
Reaction score
My OH was listening to my uterus the other night (at 10+2) to see if he could hear a heartbeat. He was in the middle and heard nothing then moved his ear all the way to the left side and said he heard a faint rapid thumping. I had him tap out the beats on my leg and he listened for a few minutes. The next morning at my first appt, my Dr. placed the doppler on the center of my uterus and all we heard was white noise. On to the right side and still white noise. As soon as she moved it all the way to the left, we heard it loud and clear. A strong heartbeat!

So is it possible my OH really heard our baby's heart with his naked ear? If so, he's going to be my own personal doppler!! I know I should have asked the Dr. if it was true but I didn't want her to think I was insane. Opinions and/or experiences with this?

i dont think so...it was probably your heart beat that he heard. the heart is SO tiny but i have heard past 20wks u POSSIBLY can at times...

I personally don't think it was mine because I had my hand over my heart and his tapping was very rapid. Thanks for your opinions, ladies!!

Haha my husband tried that too! He couldn't really hear anything... actually he yelled at me for making so many noises inside while he was trying to listen lol.

Haha! My OH said, "Your belly's growling... you need to feed the baby."

Would be cool if it was but I doubt it TBH. If you think about how tiny the baby is I would have thought it was practically impossible. x

I would say it was a pulse because you can't hear a babies heartbeat just with the ear....not even with a stethascope at 10 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->