Is this Sciatica?...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by rwhite, Dec 17, 2009.

1. rwhite

rwhite Mum to Lachie and Clem

Just got a horrible sharp shooting, pinching pain from my tailbone down sort of my bum area...

Has anybody had this, and is it sciatica? :shrug:

xx

2. redpoppy

redpoppy Well-Known Member

LOs been wriggling around like crazy in there last night and I got some really sharp shooting pains in my right pelvic region but assumed it was her headbutting me somewhere painful. The thought of sciatica did cross my mind though.... :shrug:

She was also headbutting my bladder and intestines I think. Naughty madam!

3. rwhite

Owies, that doesn't sound like fun at all! xx :hugs: At this rate she'll be in the naughty corner shortly after arrival! :haha:

4. redpoppy

redpoppy Well-Known Member

Yeah but she's soooo cute! :mrgreen: :haha:

5. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

hi hun!

I had sciatica a few weeks back and it was the most incredible shooting pain that ran through my lower back, down my hip and then shot down the side of my leg. U'll know if you have it as it is soooo painful and it knocked me for 6 - couldn't lift my left or move even a milimetre without balling my eyes out! Thank god it only lasted 3 days...! xxx

6. rwhite

Owww :( That sounds awful! Maybe mine was just baby hitting a nerve. 3 days, that must have been so horrid, I bet you were so relieved when it stopped! xx

7. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

It sounds like it hun. I get it too it comes and goes when baby decides to lie on my nerves. Shooting pains down ya bum and can be the front of your thighs too and in the crease of your groin and your leg. I had to go to bed last week coz it was hurting so much :( But then it stops until it decides to happen again :hugs:
    xx