Is this (the beginning of) morning sickness???

Lues

Reaction score
Hi. So I'm six weeks pregnant today. No real major symptoms so far (sore boobs, but I had them from fertility drugs anyway).

Then, I woke up at about 4am this morning, and I felt....

Well, to be perfectly honest, I felt like I was hungover.

I was strangely starving and nauseous at the same time. Like there was a PIT in my stomach, but the idea of putting something in there was gross.

I got up, (which made the nausea momentarily worse) forced myself to drink some lemon water and shoved down a piece of bread, and went back to bed. I felt slightly better and was able to fall asleep.

Does that sound like mild morning sickness????

It was definitely weird. The only time I've had similar feelings was after a heavy night of drinking! lol.

I realize if it was, it was mild. But I'm just wondered what your thoughts were.

Welcome to the world of sickness lol

so that can be what morning sickness feels like?

Good to know!

Oh yes definitely morning sickness. Try and eat before you get to the hungry stage (it helps).

YAY! Thanks!

As the day has gone on, I've noticed other hangover symptoms too.

I feel that foggy feeling and I'm well... shaky. Literally my whole body is shaky. I took your advice chezababy, and ate two pieces of rye toast with peanut butter about ten minutes ago. It has slightly lessened the shaking, but it's still there.

It's funny. I asked a girlfriend of mine what morning sickness felt like. She said it felt like being hit by a truck.

I don't know what it feels like to be hit by a truck. lol!! But... I have had hangover before. ;-)

And this definitely currently feels similar in multiple ways!

Sounds like morning sickness to me. I feel like that all the time where my body is hungry but feel too sick to eat. Have to force myself to eat otherwise I will be sick if I leave my stomach empty. Hope it doesn't last long for you feels like forever for me, started at 5 weeks and still going strong at 13 weeks xx

I'm just over 7 weeks and mine just started kicking in last week. I would describe your symptoms as v accurate. I feel EXAUSTED and sick most of the time now, and it really does feel like a bad hangover if I don't get enough sleep!
Although horrible it's all good signs that things are progressing nicely! Xxx

Yep, that is morning sickness!

I had absolute terrible "morning" sickness with my last three pregnancies. It wasn't just in the mornings though... it was 24/7 nausea. With my son I had it from 7 weeks exactly and with the last two - my angel babies - I had it from 5 weeks.

This time I've only had it on and off mildly, mostly when I don't have a full stomach. Sometimes finding something to eat is challenging when almost everything makes me gag. Times like those I eat something light, like toast or a piece of fruit, then once I start feeling better which is almost instantly I eat something more filling. Carbs and protein keep you fullest the longest.

Oh yes..that's morning sickness! Hope it doesn't last too long. Mine feels like having a terrible hangover without the fun of the night before. Try and find some food that you can stomach and fills you up 👍🏻

Sounds like it, mine started at 6 weeks! But thankfully didn't last too long, just take one it day at at time :flower:

Hey Lues, we're due date twins! I'm 6 weeks exactly today too. Yesterday I felt slightly nauseous, not like a hangover but my friend who is now 14 weeks said she felt like she was hungover every day. I'm hoping I get it a bit more since it's a good sign. Today I've felt normal.

OoooOooOh, due date buddies, cool!

Yeah. How weird is pregnancy? I woke up this morning, hilariously disappointed that I WASN'T feeling crappy anymore. I feel totally normal. Not even tired like I have other days.

I like the symptoms just because it makes me FEEL pregnant. Yesterday was the first day I really FELT pregnant.

But I'm sure it will come back for us! LOL. (what a WEIRD thing to wish for)

Is this your first?

That is exactly how I would describe the morning sickness I had. I felt hung over almost every day for weeks 6-12. Never actually vomited, I was just hovering on that line where you feel like you could at any moment.

I kept a jar of dry cereal by my bed, and right away when I woke up, before even getting up, I would just start cramming cereal in my mouth. I also had cups of water strategically stashed all around the house so I was never more than a few feet away from a cup.

Sea bands were the big thing that helped me though, and ginger drops.

Yep!! I especially relate to the feeling sick and hungry thing!! Good luck 😂 xxx

yep, its a blast isn't it. I suffered with it so bad with my first pregnancy I couldn't even get out of bed. This time I feel like ass but have found that once I eat, I am ok for an hour. Then I have to eat again. The hard part is deciding what to eat as everything seems so unappealing to me right now. I sure wish I had a personal chef to just whip something up and make the decisions for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->