Is this the dreaded SPD everyone speaks off?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by EloiseAndBump, Oct 3, 2013.

1. EloiseAndBump

EloiseAndBump Amelia + Isaac's mum!

I get these AWFUL lower backaches that tend to spread into my left buttcheek to the point where I can bearly walk, I have such bad backaches my lower back feels like its on fire! Last night I was laying in bed and I had this awful stabbing pain that went down my lower back and again, into my buttcheek. It's awful, any advice would be great :thumbup:

2. Jeval323

Jeval323 Well-Known Member

I had terrible back pain up until about 10 weeks. Sleep on your side with a pillow in between your legs.. Tylenol will help a bit, and a brief not to hot shower but warm water on your back will help. Walking also helped me a bit, but otherwise just have to stick it out. It does go away I promise!

3. Dory85

Dory85 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could be posterior pelvic pain/ sacroiliac joint pain which is caused by the same things as spd so often goes with it. Spd is at the front, in the middle x

4. 1eighty

1eighty Well-Known Member

get fitted for a support band by a physio, or if they allow it, a steroid shot into the sacroilliac joint itself, if it is sacroilliitus - i had this with DS at 12w and those steroid shots were AMAZING. sadly they are not advocated in the UK and i had to make do with the band from the physio :/