Is this the end of the road for us now

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies...any advice please ??

We've been ttc#2 for 3 years now . I'm 42 my OH 44 and we had no problems conceiving our DS. We went to a private fertility clinic and ended up being advised to try clomid. We've just finished our 6 months and still no bfp despite ovulating every month like clockwork.

We are due to see a nhs fertility Dr tomorrow but I know she won't let us do anymore clomid.

Is this it for us or are there any other options ?

Thanks 😞😞

I have no advice, just thinking good thoughts for you and giving this thread a little nudge to see if anyone else can help you out.

Try SMEP (sperm meets egg plan). It seems to work for a lot of women.

Thanks IAW ...ha ha ...sounds like an obvious plan !! Is it something I've not heard about ??x

Unfortunately the older we get the harder it is for a sperm to penetrate our eggs , plus lower egg quality also makes it difficult. however its only the end of the road if you want it to be .there are many assisted conception treatments that can help , were thinking of moving onto IVF with donor eggs or possibly transferring donor embryos if I am not pregnant by next year.

Thanks everyone ...I am just finding it so difficult to accept there won't be another member to our family. It just doesn't feel right ������

Have you tried q10co enzyme. Seems to help improve egg quality. My sil is in the slightly older category and got her bfp using it. I also know two other people who it worked for. I'm going to try it too. Wishing you loads of luck x

Ooh thank you camera girly !!����

Camera girl is right Co Q10 helps egg quality, there was a Co Q10 thread on the TTC over 35 forum Here and alot of the women got a bfp within 6 month of starting Co Q10 ,
here are the supplements I take for egg health:

Ubiquinol, the Active Form of CoQ10 200-400mg a day

Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis (regrowth)20mg a day

pine bark extract ( a strong antioxidant) 200mg a day

meta folate (to fight birth defects aid egg quality) 3000mg

I'm sure they will let you try iui and ivf .. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back