Is this the start of SPD???..... and bleeding nipples!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by MummaBump, Aug 21, 2009.

1. MummaBump

MummaBump Mother of 3

Hi Ladies,

I have been suffering quite bad pain for the past couple of weeks, when ever i 'try' to stand up i get pain in my hips, inner thighs and pelvis and can not walk because of the pain, i can't turn over in the night with out pain either.

I'm ok once i have been walking for 5 mins but then i start to get knee, calf and ankle pain!! I feel like i need to keep my legs really tightly closed as if i open my legs slightly i'm in pain iykwim?

Has anyone had SPD? is this what it's like?

Also has anyone had bleeding nipples??... is this normal???? I never had this with my other pregnancies!!

God i'm in bits!!!!

2. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Hi hon - afraid it sounds like SPD to me. To the Docs with you missus!

I've not had bleeding nips (yet - one symptom I really hope I dont get) but the nice crusty bits are making me feel like I want to be reincarnated as a boy next time, thanks very much!

:rofl:

3. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

what is SPD? I tried google and the L&A and can't find anything :\

hope it isn't anything too serious! :hugs:

4. Buffy71

5. Buffy71

Symphic Pelvic Disorder. When the ligaments holding the three pelvic bones together loosen up too much from the Relaxin in our bodies, causing much flippin pain!!!

:) HTH

6. Sparklebaby

Sparklebaby Mummy to Jenny

hi mummabump....i hope u get a better answer than i did hun. xxxx not heard of the bleeding nips either so would get theat checked too??? better to be safe than sorry.
    Buffy I have to agree with the crusty nips....lol well not so much crusty but very dry. x

7. becky77

becky77 mum & 3rd tri

Yeh hun sorry that sounds like spd i had it with my twins and could hardly walk, i have signs of it coming on again already , go to your dr or speak to your mw and see if they will refer you to a physio . not sure about the bleeding nipples though hun xx

8. It does sound like the start of SPD. I'd see your midwife as soon as you can to get a physio referral as, caught early, SPD is faaar far more manageable.

As for the bleeding nipples, is it both? Is it a lot and is is pure blood or accompanied by a discharge? It's more than likely just another pregnancy thing, I was squeezing one of my nipples one evening recently and a tiny bit of blood came out... almost like something had burst. Was the size of a pin prick and I've had nothing since. I asked my mum (who's a MW) who said it's perfectly normal and that it could just be a little bit of inflammation.

Your breasts are undergoing changes and it's just one of those things. Your own MW will reassure you of this.

9. AliceSmith

AliceSmith Well-Known Member

I was wondering about this the SDP not the bleeding nipples although I will own up to some nipple oddness. I feel like I have a bruise on my pubic bone and its not super painful but feels just like a bruise being pushed - is that how it starts or would I know about it? This could equally be more random pregnancy stuff I guess... thoughts?

10. I have that but only on one side. Apparently SPD is a more central pain, so if yours is central it's worth asking about at least. Otherwise could just be one of the many joyful things about pregnancy, haha.

11. Mollington

Mollington Well-Known Member

Hi - I have been suffering with SPD for about a week (currently 26 wks, 2 dys), so have been reading up about it. It is now called PDP - this is a really good, informative website that DH found...

http://www.pelvicpartnership.org.uk/

Phoned the midwife when it got really bad on Tuesday, she referred me for physio and I got the letter through today. Definitely need the referral - although it can get better by itself, it might not so you want to get it as less painful as possible before your LO comes along.

I hope you get better soon.

xx

12. MummaBump

MummaBump Mother of 3

Hi All... not been able to get on and read your replies until now... I have a MW appiontment at 10am this morning so i'll mention it then as i was in sooo much pain with it yesterday (I had to leave work early!!) and didn't get much sleep last night because of it either!

I think the nipple bleeding was probably down to cracking... as it hasn't happened since... Thankfully!!

Thank you for your replies x