Is this weird or ok?

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
I found out this week I'm expecting a second son. :D We're thrilled... but now comes the hard part, agreeing on a name. I could name this baby today but my husband doesn't like my choice. :cry:

When I was pregnant with my first son we could only agree on two names, Adam and Elliott. Loved them both, there were never any other real options, and decided to use them both, even though there was the thought in the back of my head, shouldn't we save one in case we ever have another son?

So here we are, wishing we'd saved Elliott. But now it's part of Adam's name, only nobody uses it, I doubt he'll ever use it, I doubt if anyone other than his close family realise he even has this other name... and my husband wants to call our new son it! He lit up at the idea tonight, like EUREKA, what a brilliant idea!

But I just don't know. We may never use it for Adam but it still feels like *his* name. Wouldn't it be odd (and not a little unimaginative) to give another baby his brother's middle name for his first name?

At this point I don't think I could bring myself to use it. (Hoping that I can persuade my husband to my opinion re my chosen name in the next 20 weeks.) But do others think it's weird? I know someone who gave her first daughter the middle name Isabelle and her second daughter the first name Isabella, and I thought it was a bit strange but not beyond the bounds of unreasonable.

Argh.

Although I'm not sure why you couldn't use it, I have to admit that I wouldn't. No logical reason for that though- and Elliot is such a gorgeous name!

How about just Eli or another spin on the name Elliot?

I think its a little odd but not worryingly so! Would be more odd if you called second son Elliot adam!!!
I know someone whos two sons both have the same middle name, and once met twins who had the same names in reverse, eg david michael, michael david!!! Mum couldn't seem to understand why everyone kept getting confused!
I think if you are both in agreement and you love the name then its your choice

I wouldn't worry about it hun, if you love the name then use it :)

I'm the eldest of four girls. My middle name, Laura, is my closest sister's firstname. So my parent's did it and i don't think it's weird at all. In fact I think it's nice. I onl use my middle name on official documents so it's not really something that comes up even in discussions that often.

How about something similar like "Elijah"?

I wouldn't use my son's middle name for my future son.... there are a million other names out there.... enough that two sons can have their own name?

Just my opinion...

Honestly, i could have friends/relatives who have done this... bc more times than not, you never even know a person's middle name anyhow :shrug: So..... if you really want to, most people will never even know....

in my opinion.... if I knew I had my older brother's middle name I'd feel like it was 2nd hand or ripped off in some weird way.

I dont think using your DS middle name is strange? :shrug:
If you love Elliot, why not use it again?

Good luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->