is walk safe?

I agree, this is a strange question to be asking in this day and age. All you have to do is google "exercise during pregnancy" and you'll get thousands of credible websites explaining how good exercise is for you during pregnancy. It just goes to show you that you must take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to advice from other people. Most of the time they don't know what they're talking about. You should not be doing strenuous exercise and make sure your heartrate does not get too high, but a 20 minute walk is the minimum amount of exercise you should be getting. Doesn't your doctor speak to you about this? I have lost 10lbs since I got pregnant and my doctor keeps advising me that regardless of weight loss I should NOT stop exercising although it's been hard to go on my daily walk lately due to snow and ice.

i walk my boy to school then the dog round the park twice a day, it takes about an hour, and is just over a mile.

Dottymouse, I recommend that you buy a pedometer. They're inexpensive and you simply carry it with you in your purse or hook it to your waistband and it counts the steps you take and the distance you have walked while carrying it. I carry mine all day long and aim to walk 10,000 steps which for me is about 4.5miles. I'm suggesting this because from what you've written you may be surprised to find out that you've walked more than what you mentioned. Even at a leisurely pace I walk a mile within 20minutes, you'd have to be walking at a snails pace to walk a mile in an hour. It's worth finding out, I think you're underestimating how far you've walked.

i do have a pedometer, it is on my phone, it says so far today i have walked 2400 steps which is 1.1miles aparently, i dont know how accurate this is, as the phone is donkeys years old, (only using it till i get my new contract phone,) but normally in a day i walk roughly about 4-5miles, the phone is in my pocket all day, but not at night, (which is when i walk the most, up and down stairs for toilet trips in the night)

im hoping that my new phone will be able to get a pedometer on it, as i love seeing how far i walk each day, with b ot my other children i never walked anywhere, and was sooo lazy, but this time im doing my best to stay fit and healthey and active. :)

You'd be surprised how much more efficient a pedometer is than a phone. On the pedometer you have to plug in your stride length which helps calculate the distance you walk. So see, you are walking lots more than what you first posted.

I've been trying to stay active too, walking a mile most days (about 20 minutes), or else doing 30 minutes of yoga. Also snowshoeing for 30-60 minutes once or twice a week through lots of hilly woods (which really gets my heart pumping).

My doc said it's great for me, and I've had tons of mums tell me it will make my labor and recovery much easier. Plus (tmi alert) it really helps "get things going" if you know what I mean! :winkwink:

when I was pregnant with my son I walked my daughter into school, which was about hallf an hour walk and then backk again every day....I dont drive so if i need to pop out during the day I walk, we also own a little terrier dog who NEEDS her walks ....walking is fab :0)

i walk everywhere. totally safe you can even ride a bike or run but i wouldnt advise it though. unless youve been doing them already x

If it wasn't safe I'd be in trouble as we don't have a car! It's about ten minutes just up to the bus stop. Sometimes it can be a bit tiring when I'm out with the shopping but a trolley has really helped take the weight off my back. I'm really looking forward to the weather getting better so I can get out in the park more often. Glad to hear it's good for giving birth too!

thanks for all the comments.As i told u i am from India,there are some old concepts from what we are still sticking.The girls who found this a dumb question there was no need to give any comments.Many dumb questions are being asked here as we are not experienced.Thanks to all for comments

I work as a server in a restaurant, so I walk a lot. I have actually started using my tony little gazelle daily as well, because I want to stay in the best shape I can for me and babes.

You and baby will be fine. :)

thanks for all the comments.As i told u i am from India,there are some old concepts from what we are still sticking.The girls who found this a dumb question there was no need to give any comments.Many dumb questions are being asked here as we are not experienced.Thanks to all for comments

Hiya, I hope you didn't think I was saying it was a dumb question, I thought it was a weird thing for your friend to say. But then you get used to people saying stupid things when you're pregnant! :dohh:

Happy walking! :thumbup:

Nobody said it was dumb, and no you didn't tell us you were from India. I know that my family being from Greece have some outdated notions and old wives tales that they think are true and then criticize me for doing those things. Like coloring my hair for example. Ask any american doctor and they will tell you it's fine. But try telling my mother that it's ok to color my hair during pregnancy and she'll freak out.

We were just saying it's an odd question considering how much reliable information is available on the web just by doing a quick search.

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy...aqi=g4g-o1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=6bedc48458f579e8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->