Is/was your 4 month old still in their Moses basket?

Mrs-G

New Mummy
Reaction score
Hi, my lo is 4 months and weighs around 15 and a half pound (at a guess, was 14 14 3 weeks ago). She is really filling out her basket, when I asked mw about it when she was first born she said that she'd be ok in it till 6 months as they like to feel cocooned, anyone else still in Moses basket - if not what's the solution, I'm not prepared to move her until at least 6 months. Also she sleeps through 3 or 4 nights a week (11-6).

my lo is but only just. shes almost filling it now

Hi my LO was only in her basket for 2 months as she seemed to wake herself up by hitting the sides so we put her in a crib next to our bed but even then she woke herself up moving around in the end we got a travel cot and put it at the bottom of the bed now she STTN and when i get her up in the moring she turned herself all the way round soi she obv likes to move about in her sleep.

my 6 week old is almost as long as the moses basket already! We're going to have to get her a crib as her cotbed won't fit in our room.

We moved Soph at 4 months as she started to wake herself by hitting the sides of the basket :).

No, she would just about squeeze in it now but she bangs her arms in the side and wakes herself up .. She is currently in a swinging crib in my room and will be til she grows out of that, the swinging crib is bigger then a Moses basket So she still got lots room!

We moved LO out of his Moses basket at about 11 weeks because he was too long for it, we managed to move our bedroom round and fit a cot next to our bed. He's slept a lot better since we've moved him.

Freya never really took to her moses, she was in her cot from two weeks and loved it, even though she looked tiny x

No, not at all - he was out by 8 weeks. He was far too big!

we moved my lo just before 4 months as she was able to wiggle up the basket so i deemed in not safe anymore. x

Lo is now 5 months and moved from Moses basket last week because we are all disturbing each other. He Will be back in it this weekend when he stays with mil. He is swaddled though which i think made a difference!

we did the transition to cot this week at 2 months 2 weeks, the moses basket was just too small and not study enough and she gets stronger - i was bracing myself for sleepless nights as i thought the space in the cot might freak her out but its been ok actually, a bit unsettled at 1st but happy after 3 nights. I don't know many ppl who stuck with them for 6 months.

Fran was about 4.5 months when she outgrew her moses basket lengthwise. We have no space for anything bigger than a moses basket in our bedroom so we had no option but to put her in the cotbed in her own room.

If you have the space you could get a crib which is slightly bigger than a moses basket, or a travel cot and buy a proper mattress for it. Or even move the cot into your room if you have the space!

Tabitha outgrew hers a few weeks ago at 2 1/2 months. I wasn't ready to put her in her own room in the cotbed, so I wedged a travel cot into our room. Its a total nightmare, but at least I still have my little girl with me :cloud9:

Im thinking of moving my LO very soon, he is thrashing about alot in it nowHe will be 11 weeks on monday though so sorry not much help here .

Isla is still in hers, but only because she is swaddled really. I don't think there'd be enough space otherwise.

God no! My LO hasn't been in his since 9 weeks and even then it was only that long because we felt he was too young to go in his own room. He was too big for it around 6 weeks, there's no way it would have lasted till 6 months!

I've never heard of anyone using it past 3 months tbh but then maybe everyone I know has a big baby! :haha:

Thanks for your replies might need to rearrange my room to get cot bed in for a few more months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->