• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is white rice really that bad for LO?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Is white rice really that bad for LO?...i know they say you should give them brown rice but he prefers white rice? Is it ok for him to have? xx

I'd say yes. I give Amelie white rice and white bread. OH and myself like white so we don't buy brown. Seems silly to buy and cook the brown stuff just for amelie.

Hannah's had white rice to...it's what we usually have in the house :shrug:

I think it's just the same as us, brown rice is better for us than white, same with bread etc etc. We tend to give Aisling what we have which is brown rice and best of both bread, can't imagine it makes much of a difference.

I would keep trying the brown rice...wheat bread too because it is alot better for them but I wouldn't ban the white rice or anything...we eat both here. I do only buy wheat bread for them, I use to buy white because that's what Mark likes, now I make him eat the wheat most of the time lol sometimes I'll buy white but mostly wheat because I know it's better for the kids...luckily they like both breads just fine. They do prefer white rice but like brown too

I thought it was best not to give too many high fibre foods to babies and young children anyway? As it fills them up so much that they may eat less of other foods.

Thanks for the reassuarance girls...tbh he doesn't eat rice frequently but when he does he loves it! :) x

I thought it was best not to give too many high fibre foods to babies and young children anyway? As it fills them up so much that they may eat less of other foods.

The Bible has a bit on this somewhere. Apparently brown rice is fine but for some reason you need to be careful with brown pasta, it's got a different type of fibre in it :shrug:

I didn't know any of this and since Caitlyn eats curries I'm sure white rice is the least of my worries :lol:

How old is your little boy? I'm sure he isn't much younger than Caitlyn if he is younger? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"