• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is your husband getting nervous yet?

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
My husband kept on telling me that he wasn't nervous every time I asked.

Now we basically have all the baby stuff ready and a swing and pack 'n play sitting in the living room and the crib in the bedroom etc.
We got our list of things we need to get for the home birth a few weeks ago, making it that much more real.

And finally my husband admitted to me that he was getting a little nervous now.
I think it's so cute LOL :cloud9:

He said he's scared to hold her and will only hold her while sitting down at first cause he's afraid to drop her, and he said he wants me to change her diaper first cause he wants me to show him how since he's never changed a diaper before.

Ahh, I can't wait!

that's cute! my husband insists he wont be changing any diapers, that its my job....any guesses how long before he changes his first diaper? lol I think he isn't so much nervous as stressed cause he is trying to get our house ready before baby comes (remodeling) and all of our vehicles are currently having problems :dohh:

Hi well for the last 9 months my OH has seemed very chilled out and relaxed about the whole pregnancy.he has been happy to let me choose and organise everything for bubs.until last week ... He then turned into daddy mode and got obsessed about making sure we had everything we needed.today,my due date,he is like a kid before Xmas,literally bouncing off the Walls with excitement.very very cute

that's cute! my husband insists he wont be changing any diapers, that its my job....any guesses how long before he changes his first diaper? lol I think he isn't so much nervous as stressed cause he is trying to get our house ready before baby comes (remodeling) and all of our vehicles are currently having problems :dohh:

I am in the EXACT same boat. Remodeling with so much left to do, and these f**kin carsssssssss!!! Its one thing after another with us lately =\

Arhh bless lol mines abit nervous even tho its our forth hes getting more excited about having a few beers again at weekends playing his xbox i think lmao. but as we have three girls nearly twelve nine and two he is excited that were having a boy but now i keep telling him its probably a girl maybe they got it wrong hes all confused bless him lol. i cant wait now every nite we are both on edge thinking maybe tonight... x

Aw! Mine is a just a wreck! It could be because he is deployed, but still! LOL, he had me send him ALL the packets and papers the birth class gives me. He wants to know everything, bless him :kiss:

mines pretty chilled out and let me do all the fussing lol,his always been soppy but his starting to get more so the last week or two

mine isnt nervous yet i think once he starts the pre natal classes with me maybe he will get nervous lol!

hes gonna be a amazing dad and wants to change diapers to! lol

i dont think its really hit my hubby get - deployed still right up until 2 weeks before..

He says hes excited, and i think he is when he has time to think from working 18 hour days..

I honestly cant wait for him to get home so we can enjoy being pregnant together..feel like i've missed out abit doing it by myself and i probably stress alot more cos he isnt here..!

Saying that i know he will be amazing when he gets home, and will want to get things organised as much as possible with me. Cant wait for reality to hit him when he sees how much my bump has grown :) x

Mine is a bit nervous about the birth experience. He does not want to look "down there" and does not want to cut the cord. I think he was very relieved when I mentioned to him that I wanted my mum there so he's not feeling helpless and alone in there.

But in terms of meeting the baby, becoming a father, he is absolutely stoked! All he talks about is his son. I've overheard him a few times talking to friends etc about the baby and he just sounds like the proudest daddy already! He cannot keep his hands off my belly. Earlier in my pregnancy he told me he was worried that he might accidentally squish the baby from hugging him too tight :haha:

i have to admit... my hubby has been so great. He's not nervous at all about the labour/birth or what it'll be like when LO is here.

As we've had a bugger of a week with monitoring, reduced movement and been told the placenta isnt doing its job we have consultant Thursday and he's a little worried about that (texts/calls/asks every day if she's moved at all) but thats to be expected.

From the moment we found out we're on team pink, he slopes off to baby sections in shops and chooses the cutest clothes... he's even been saving up for this stunning little cardi and coat and snowsuit he wants to get her, and every time a booklet or something arrives he reads it cover to cover. :kiss:

I dont think he'll get nervous when i go into labour either, so used to keeping calm under pressure there is no1 i would rather have by my side :blush: xx

I think deep down my mans getting nervous now it's not long to go, he's been a bit more motivated to sort out our house which I thinks really sweet...
he'll be such a loving daddy! can't wait!

My DH claims he isn't but I think he is a little. He is also nervous that he won't get to spend much time with LO as he is deploying in a month.

Mine has started...CLEANING!! :wohoo:

must be nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"