Isit to early to start buying clothes?

J

Joey_baby

Were not trying until next year but soo excited to go shopping, isit just silly that we want to buy some stuff now?

i personally wouldnt purely b/c i wouldnt want to jinx myself but i know plenty of people who have, aslong as u have somewhere to store them away and forget about them then why not

yeah my bf said that first that we dont want to jinx it, but then theres me that dont really believe in that and we are forever looking through sites and falling in love with things, then i said what if we really like something now and its not around by next year you no what i mean

Well, I'm saving all of my baby stuff from my LO... It's going packaged up in the loft for #3... surely that's the same thing? :)

i guess so, just some people might think its stupid but then not asif were going out to buy every single little thing, just a few clothes that we like atm

I am TTC in 4 months and i am not buying a single thing until i see those 2 lines!

I think it's a very personal thing whether or not you do!

I'm hapy to buy a few things here and there when I just can't resist, but I think once I get my :bfp: I'll stop as I'm super paranoid and quite superstisious, and I wouldn't want to jinx it then.. :dohh: don't question my logic on this, it's hanging on a super thin thread :haha:

i found out i was 12 weeks pregnant and bought a i love daddy baby grow for my OH as a suprise and he bought me i love mommy bibs for me. we m/c a week after and havent taken the stuff back we love them too much so just going to keep them untill we TTC properly.

i would cry if i took them back to the shop!

i think that if your ok with it then do it! youll be saving money buy getting things gradually, because it wount seem like so much in the end, plus there are lots of lovely items out there. i buy stuff for friends babies, but half think i could buy for myself! x

DH and I will be trying the end of August. We aren't telling family, who frequently visits our house. We weren't going to buy anything simply because we don't want to jinx ourselves and we don't know where we would put it all without family finding it when they visit! However, I couldn't help myself!

My sister passed along all of my niece and nephew's baby clothes to me. So I now have 4 storage totes full of baby clothes in my spare bedroom/ soon to be nursery closet. Then, I went shopping and couldn't help but buy a beautiful nursery set at a gently used clothing store! My photo to the left is actually the design. I'm a sucker for monkeys :)
I was able to get a quilt, bumper pad, crib skirt, fitted sheet, diaper hanger, monkey rug, monkey wall hanging, mobile, lamp, and pillow all for $50. I came home and found out to purchase new would have cost just over $350.

As for other items like crib, bassinet, carseat, etc. I have made a list of ones that I like so that when I get my BFP I can just click the link online and start buying!!!

i personally wouldnt just because i think it would be hard to focus on other stuff and also just make the wait harder if i let myself get ahead of things like that. and also just because i want to find out the gender of my baby so i can buy boy or girl clothing someday.

i start trying in 7 weeks and I look at lots of clothes I would want my baby to have but Im going to wait till when Im pregnant as think it be more special. But its a personal choice

I had a whole load of things when I was with my ex, but we never managed to have a baby. this time I plan on waiting till I know that I am going to be a mummy

see im not the type that believes in jinx and superstistians but the boyfriend says he dont want it jinxed so looks like il be baby shopping on my own :D

I guess jinx isn't the proper word for my feelings about originally wanting to wait. I guess I didn't want to have a ton of baby stuff sitting around if I'm not pregnant right away. I thought it would make it hard on me to see it all. But, I gave in and started purchasing stuff. Because my gosh even if I have to adopt I'm going to have a baby! The stuff is also a nice reminder that we are TTC soon and I will be prepared when my BFP comes :)

i never used to like the idea, but we are going to start buying things now so when it does happen one day we don't have the stress of having to get everything, i dont think i would buy clothes but like toys, bedding, prams, car seats etc and store it all away..
i dont think there is anything wrong with it, saves the big rush and panic when you actually are pregnant, and you don't have to fork our thousands of bucks within a few months you can drag it out, we will be over 5 years haha

I think it's a very personal thing whether or not you do!

I'm hapy to buy a few things here and there when I just can't resist, but I think once I get my :bfp: I'll stop as I'm super paranoid and quite superstisious, and I wouldn't want to jinx it then.. :dohh: don't question my logic on this, it's hanging on a super thin thread :haha:

^^WSS^^

Iv put a ban on buying anything else coz Iv gone a bit silly recently. Iv got a suitcase full of baby things (including things Iv knit and books) I bought 3 outfits last week, oops! I want to leave it until I'm pregnant now so I can get all excited buying. If I feel the urge now I'm going to transfer the money into my baby fund instead so I can get something newer (in the shops at that time) at the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->