Isit to early to start buying clothes?

I personally haven't done that yet, but I don't see a problem with it if you want to. If I came across a great deal like BabyMaybe917 did with that nursery set I for sure would jump on it! It would help financially to spread things out a bit I'm sure. Once I get that positive test I'll probably start but I do understand the temptation I'm making myself wait until we officially start trying at the least. My husband just wouldn't understand and would think I'm crazy to start buying stuff so early.

Different situations play factors as well. I'm a full time nursing student which is a lot of studying, classes, and hands on clinicals. I will be pregnant while finishing up school and deliver after graduation (at least that's what I've calculated for my TTC date and what the plan is). I have all summer off and feel like it would be time wasted if I didn't start planning as I know once school starts again in August I will be sooo busy!!! I don't want to have to choose between furniture shopping for baby and study for exams! :) Because, as much as school is important to me, I know what I would choose... :haha:

I don't plan on buying any clothes just yet but I can't help looking at baby clothes online and imaging my little girl or boy in them and just how cute they'd look.
It's worse when i'm actually out and about shopping.

I don't think it's silly. I have a couple big boxes of unisex hand-me-downs from my cousin and friend's babies, as well as a couple of "big ticket" items that were on incredible sales.

its not just clothes i look at online tho it gets quite addictive seeing all these cute things, and also my bf said we might get a couple of clothes this weekend! ino some people will find it silly but im over excited!

we arent ttc til 3 weeks and i have a loft full of things :blush: I just cant help myself :dohh:

I haven't bought anything for future baby... but I did buy myself a maternity dress :blush: it was a bargain and I really liked it :haha:

I woudent, not because i belive in the whole jinxing thing but incase it takes a while or you have a MC, having the things in the house could just make you feel worse IYGWIM?

dreading maternity clothes, hopefully my belly wont get that big tho as my mum was only size 10 when she was 8months pregnant with me

I love buying little baby bits but they are always from carboots/salvation army/on sale so they are bargains that are a one time thing. I am a student nurse so on a budget but plan to TTC whilst studying (second degree retraining so not putting having children on hold anymore) so getting bits over time before our TTC date next year can only be a massive help.

It also helps me keep waiting :)

I don't feel of it as jinxing but each to their own, if I MC I will give it all the the salvation army where I know it will go back to a good home or keep it for children I will eventually have or adopt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->