Isn't he massive . . .

There is a women down the school who had her little girl 13 days after i had Vinnie. The big difference is her baby was 8 weeks early!! So of course her baby is going to be tiny compared to my full term baby!! Yet every day i get the same old shite that my baby is a 'GIANT' compared to her little doll!! Or 'gosh his huge, look how fat his face is'!! I swear im about to blow. Vinnie is on the 50th centile for his weight. Yeah he has chubby cheeks, but so will her baby as she grows. Grrr she does my head in!!

I get this everytime someone asks how old LO is. They always think she's older because she's big, but she's proportionate (95 - 97% for height & weight). She's already in 12 month clothing (pajamas are 18 months due to her length) and she's only 7.5 months. But she's fairly slim. Some people just need to realize babies come in all different sizes.

There is a women down the school who had her little girl 13 days after i had Vinnie. The big difference is her baby was 8 weeks early!! So of course her baby is going to be tiny compared to my full term baby!! Yet every day i get the same old shite that my baby is a 'GIANT' compared to her little doll!! Or 'gosh his huge, look how fat his face is'!! I swear im about to blow. Vinnie is on the 50th centile for his weight. Yeah he has chubby cheeks, but so will her baby as she grows. Grrr she does my head in!!

Oh god this would annoy me, i dunno how you havent said something to her, rude woman! Eeek xx

I think some people just need to learn some tact! :dohh: I mean i might think omg what horrible clothes but id never say it so why tell me my babies fat! Hes not fat yes hes a big boy what do you want me to do put him on a diet :shrug:

my LO is on the 91st - 98th percentiles, I get tired of "oh, 8 weeks? ...Your feeding him well" "he's massive!" Even my HV called him "huge compared to my next door neighbors 8 week old baby" I don't care? Lol he's a big healthy boy, get over it, I'm not exactly incapable of seeing his proportions, I don't need it pointing out, I know he's big and that suits me just fine :haha:

Strangers always ask how old my LO one is, and say "shes a big girl." Thats after saying shes beautiful of course!

Shes on the 75th centile for everything, apart from HC.

Her head is huge, I guess that makes her look bigger than she is! Haha.

I just ignore peoples comments

My lo is huge for her age. She weights 10 kilos at 5.5 months and gets a lot of comments on how chunky she is but people say it meaning well because it's a good thing for a baby to be a bit chunky, they look nicer,or at least that's what most people think over here in Spain lol. I honestly don't think people say this to offend you, all the opposite in my opinion.

I get it ALL the time too. Tyler is over 25lb. He is above the to line for his weight and 96th for everything else. I'm 5ft8 and his dad 6ft3 so we knew he would be big. I get the 'what are you feeding him' comments and it bugs me!!!! I even had the GP say it the other day, way out of line in my opinion. I love my little boy and he is all in proportion even the HV said so. Xx

Yep ive had the same the doc looks at him abd says oh so hes not small anymore is he (whilst rasing his eyebrows) if anyone sholud know babies are dif sizesit should be a doctor and they should be more professional!!!!

I love that people comment on how big Alex is. Gives me a chance to put in that he's EBF :smug:

I get the same with Isobelle ... sooooo annoying!

She follows the 98th centile!!

xx

I have the opposite problem... Everytime i see my neighbour she comments on how skinny my lo looks and asks if he is eating okay! Her daughter is 4 months older but a very chubby baby. Pascoe was born on 75th but cos of reflux dropped a bit and is now on 9th for weight but creeping towards 25th and just above 75th for height so he is long but i would not describe him as skinny! I think he is just perfect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->