Isn't my beta too high for 4 weeks and 1 day

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I got m hcg levels checked three days ago because I was spotting red blood and for 4 weeks and 1 day my hcg is 467! do you think I am out of the woods for an MC if so, isn't this number too high? I am scared of ectopic or molar pregnancy!

Not too high at all hun..u could of implsnted early xx

Not too high. At 4w6d mine was over 18,000. The range of normal is HUGE. The number alone doesn't really indicate anything. Congratulations and best of luck

An individual number means nothing. You need 3-4 blood draws done 2-3 days apart. Your numbers should at least double in between each draw. Thats the only way to predict viability with betas as the normal range is so broad, one draw is almost meaningless

As the others have said, there's a HUGE range for hCG and a single number doesn't tell you anything about the viability of the pregnancy. Here's a link to hCG ranges: https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

Your number looks good for your gestational age, but the second number is the one that'll give any info on the pregnancy, though hCG alone is NOT a good indicator of pregnancy viability. Will you get a second draw?

Also, I personally never felt out of the woods in the first trimester, but I've had an early loss (at 9w2d), so I didn't let myself get excited until well into the second trimester. That said, thinking positively is best, for you and your little one! Hope you have a sticky babe on board! A happy and healthy 9 months!

Thanks ladies! I had a second draw it more then doubled in 48 hours the doctor said it was great. I went from 467 to 1272 less than 48 hours later (probably 40 hours later.) I am happy but still scared, i feel like one hurdle gone, now the next one is the heartbeat :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->