Isnt this just awful?! opinions please..

elainegee

Reaction score
Some might remember me telling you all that my brothers gf had a miscarriage last week, she was 8 weeks.
She had a d+c done last Friday night at around 8pm. She was discharged from hospital the next night. She returned to the hospital today only to be given a scan and it shows that the baby is still inside her!!! She said it was like looking at the scan they saw on Thursday morning when they saw the baby but were told there was no heartbeat. An internal scan confirmed the worse and she was booked in for the d+c and to our knowledge it was a registrar who did the procedure i.e. a trainee oby/gyn dr. (her care is now consultant lead only)
Now she has to go through the whole procedure again! I feel this is god dam ridiculous and just wondered if anyone else has known or experienced something similar. Its one thing to loose your baby but another to see the baby that you thought was gone still inside you!! Surly they must check after the operation the contents of the d+c?! our whole family is furious with the hospital and i feel she should take it further, nothing will bring back their baby but some sort of explanation is needed (of note the ultra sound woman seemed angry at this however didn't let on, she just said all this is getting noted down for her, whatever this meant.

Thats terrible! Poor thing must be so horrible for her, makes you think these people are supposed to know what theyre doing and then things like this happen.
Hopefully she'll be ok

omg.....that must have be such an awful experience.....

losing a baby is awful....but to have to live it all again like that is so wrong....i'd be demanding an apology from the hospital and a full review of their processes.....:growlmad:

omg.....that must have be such an awful experience.....

losing a baby is awful....but to have to live it all again like that is so wrong....i'd be demanding an apology from the hospital and a full review of their processes.....:growlmad:

that how i feel too. I just cant imagine how the two of them are feeling :cry: i would be gutted, totally gutted. x

That is SHOCKING!! I had a D&C done at 17 weeks, and I wasn't given a follow up scan to check it had gone, I assumed they could just tell by whatever they had removed. Surely if this registrar isn't competant enough to know whether she has managed to remove the baby, then she shouldn't be let loose on patients?!
I would seriously do something about this. It's bad enough the poor girl had to go through one lot of general anaesthetic and an operation guaranteed to break your heart, let alone have to go through it twice.
Generals are pretty risky at the best of times. I'd want a least a letter of apology, this registrar seriously dealt with and some form of compensation for the extra physical and psychological pain your SIL is now being put through. x

That happened to me when i m/c at 17 weeks hun. I had to go 3 times :hissy:
1st time my cervix wouldnt dilate. 2nd time they missed it. 3rd time worked :cry:
its an awful thing to go through :hugs: to your brother and his gf

That is SHOCKING!! I had a D&C done at 17 weeks, and I wasn't given a follow up scan to check it had gone, I assumed they could just tell by whatever they had removed. Surely if this registrar isn't competant enough to know whether she has managed to remove the baby, then she shouldn't be let loose on patients?!
I would seriously do something about this. It's bad enough the poor girl had to go through one lot of general anaesthetic and an operation guaranteed to break your heart, let alone have to go through it twice.
Generals are pretty risky at the best of times. I'd want a least a letter of apology, this registrar seriously dealt with and some form of compensation for the extra physical and psychological pain your SIL is now being put through. x

Ive worked in a surgery for 9 years now and have seen alot of woman have to go through the heartache of loosing a baby, but i have never ever heard of anyone having a D+C and then a follow up scan and the baby still being there!!! Infuriates me. I would love to find out this registrars name i tell you that as i saw one when i got a 9 week scan and she kept me waiting an hour! to come in and tell me to take paracetamol, no exame nothing. I know this is nothing compared to what she has went through but i thought to myself what a useless doctor. having worrying doubts about having my baby there now x

1st time my cervix wouldnt dilate. 2nd time they missed it. 3rd time worked :cry:

I am so sorry about that :-( did they tell you the 2nd time around it hadn't worked or was it only confirmed by a scan :( i could never imagine going through that twice let alone 3 times you poor thing xx

I am so sorry about that :-( did they tell you the 2nd time around it hadn't worked or was it only confirmed by a scan :( i could never imagine going through that twice let alone 3 times you poor thing xx

They said they might have created a false passage??? and missed him/her. so i had a follow up scan. It was a nightmare :cry:

They said they might have created a false passage??? and missed him/her. so i had a follow up scan. It was a nightmare :cry:

A total nightmare i can only imagine x

A total nightmare i can only imagine x

i really hope your brother and his gf are able to get over this, stupid incompetent so called doctor :hissy::hissy:

There is a girl I am friends with who i met on here she had a scan at 14 weeks to find baby had died at 9 weeks,she had a d+c and she had no follow up scan and then she got an infection as they hadnt removed it all! Its awful that things like this can be missed. :hugs: to them both.

i had a procedure done when i was younger, and the thing is at 8 weeks they said that it was more than likely that they might not be successful as at 8 weeks the embryo is too small..that is why they prefer not to do a d and c, but let the lady miscarry naturally....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"