Isofix....I'm confused...!

Dona

Reaction score
Help - I am confused...is there a standard base that you can buy that fit's any car seat? I have the fittings in my car and was thinking about using ISOfix but I dunno how to go about it!

I dont think you can buy a base to fit any carseat. I think you have to get a certain base that goes with the correct carseat. My carseat is mamas and papas and the base is also mamas and papas.

I think what missjacey said is correct. With Bethanie we had a mamas and papas car seat with the fitting base and with the new one we're getting, maxi cosi cabriofix.. you need the maxi cosi isofix/easyfix base im pretty sure.

I think for the isofix one its maxi cosi?

I dont have the fittings in my car so had to get the easybase for it

Isofix is how a car seat fits into the car. The car seat has metal points that clip onto the points in your car. A lot of brands do isofix seats as well as regular seats (britax, maxi cosy, m+p). Mother care can help you if you need more info!

Some car seats can have bases or iso fix bases too.... So basically there's two types of seat to choose - car seat alone (isofix or reg) or seat with base (either isofix or not)

This has been confusing me aswell but I think OH understands it so I'll just have to get him to sort it haha!

We have Isofix anchorage points in our car and have gone for the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with Isofix base. Its a way of fixing the seat in the car not a brand of carseat. I don't think you can get a universal base, they tend to match the brand of car seat. You can also get Isofix seats in the next stages up. Some car seats don't need bases at all and the maxi cosi Isofix base can be used in a car without isofix points too. So when my mum is here the seat and base can still be used in her car you just use the seatbelt instead. Holpe this helps, it is very confusing. Take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->