Issues "down there" can't be intimate with my husband!

Mamaof3babes

Reaction score
Sorry for the TMI. Not sure if this is ok to post but I need help.

My husband and I have had sex after I gave birth 10 months ago by c section. But only successfully once. It was great too. But every single time since we just can't. It hurts horribly and even with tins of lube it just won't go in. It's as if there is a wall there. It goes in about 2 inches and I just can't do it. I have tried everything. It's just not working for us and I can't figure out what is happening. It's been over 6 months. I feel do horrible after each failed attempt I just want to cry.

None of my births have been vaginal either. If they matters. I am breastfeeding. But like I said lube is useless. I'm so confused. :cry:

I am also having this problem. I read somewhere about atrophic vaginitis which normally occurs during the menopause but when breastfeeding, it can occur. I think this is what I have. It's to do with the decrease on oestrogen. I think you can get a special cream to help which might be more effective than the lube. Need to go to the doctor about it myself! Good luck x

Are you on any hormonal birth control? I was having the same problem, but it went away after I came off the birth control.

I have heard that breast feeding can make you less aroused and have less lubrication. I think that's the case with us but I always used some lune so we wouldn't have problems.
Sorry if a bit personal, but can you get your finger in past where you feel there is a wall? I know you said you had sex once and it worked, but just wondering if you could have a physical issue like a vaginal prolapse. Even if not, I would seek medical attention, it's possible even a sex therapist might be able to give you both excercises that would build confidence and help you both rediscover your body post-birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->