It’s been awhile

rbdanes

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

It’s been a few years since I have posted. We stopped our ttc journey to adopt. We now have an almost 2 year old and are starting the process of ttc again. It’s been 5 1/2 years of ups and downs and no birth control whatsoever. 1 year ago we found my husband has azoospermia and low hormone levels. We were in the middle of a move across the country and last month finally got referrals. He had a 3rd SA with his RE and more blood tests which resulted in still lower than ideal hormone levels.

I go in for a saline ultrasound on Thursday. My irregular cycles continue and my RE suspects polyps after just having a 6 week period. I just started temping and using OPKs again.

My husband has been on the generic form of clomid (clomiphene) for 1 month and his repeat blood work came back today and his levels have almost tripled! His RE is hopeful that sperm will show up on another SA mid August. We are cautiously hopeful. We aren’t aposed to a sperm donor so are preparing for that as an option just in case.

https://rs2.pbsrc.com/albums/y7/i8aguitar/C059C71E-E9A9-447D-8DEF-38E32ACA0949_zpsw64gakhg.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Hello! and welcome back!
I'm new around here, but far from being new in the TTC world. I have been TTC for 12 years or so and I finally got pregnant TWICE! Last year and I dont have my baby to show for either pregnancy :-(

I had a chemical in May 2017 and I loss my son in November 2017 at 21 weeks...
So here I am TTC again, but I'm going natural right now.
I conceived my son by IUI, Femara, menopur and trigger shot... Ive had 2 IUI's this year both both were BFN... I wont start back on meds or anything until the fall, so I thought I might as well TTC naturally while I wait.

Welcome back rbdanes. FX your hubbies swimmers and hormone levels improve. Sounds like you are on the right track. I hope that you two are able to conceive without a donor, but I think it's good that you two are open to that. I also love that you went ahead and adopted. I struggle with wanting a child, but I'm not ready to take that leap yet. Lots of good vibes and baby dust your way.:dust: Good luck!

Oh Gracee. :hugs: Next to never having kids, a miscarriage is my biggest fear. DH and I are just a couple years behind you. We've been married 10 years this August and haven't used any bc since that first year. I have never been pregnant. Now I'm scared that if I ever do, that it may end in a miscarriage. Seeing that you are going through that breaks my heart. Why does it have to be so hard? :hugs::hugs:

Hello ladies :wave:

Wishing you both loads of luck on your new directions.

My DH and I seem to have a million tiny problems but supposedly technically no big ones, yet in 8 years of TTC we’ve had only 3 natural pregnancies, all of which ended almost before they began, plus we did IVF three times, twice which ended up with pregnancy but again we lost them.

We’ve just had a donor embryo cycle so waiting to see if that ends the same way. If so, we’ll have to look at adopting I think as we can’t just keep trying forever when all the evidence says ‘this just isn’t happening’ even if the experts can’t say exactly why.

I hope we all have a good outcome from trying something new!

Welcome back rbdanes. FX your hubbies swimmers and hormone levels improve. Sounds like you are on the right track. I hope that you two are able to conceive without a donor, but I think it's good that you two are open to that. I also love that you went ahead and adopted. I struggle with wanting a child, but I'm not ready to take that leap yet. Lots of good vibes and baby dust your way.:dust: Good luck!

Oh Gracee. :hugs: Next to never having kids, a miscarriage is my biggest fear. DH and I are just a couple years behind you. We've been married 10 years this August and haven't used any bc since that first year. I have never been pregnant. Now I'm scared that if I ever do, that it may end in a miscarriage. Seeing that you are going through that breaks my heart. Why does it have to be so hard? :hugs::hugs:

Thank you!!:hug:
It has been extremely hard and we don't want to give up.
Today I am 7/8dpo.. I'm praying for a BFP for us all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->