It’s hard to ignore ovulation!

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve not been on here for a couple of years since we were ttc our youngest but we are now hoping for number 4! We found that when ttc our youngest it put too much pressure on my dh so we said we would ntnp for a while and if it happens then great, then look at actively ttc next year. The problem is that I’m so aware of my cycle that I know exactly when I’m ovulating without having to test or temp etc, my body works pretty much like clockwork on a 29 day cycle and I always feel O pain and have lots of CM the days before I O. Because of this I’m finding it so hard to get to involved in the idea of ttc and it’s driving me mad! Last month I was convinced I was pregnant and actually found I was really disappointed that I wasn’t, even though the timing wouldn’t have been perfect. I know we dtd 3 days before O so I think I convinced myself we were in with a Chance.

Anyone else struggle with ntnp and not getting completely caught up in it??

It's completely understandable! I have been charting my cycles for 18 months to avoid pregnancy, so I know exactly when I'm ovulating. My husband and I have recently discussed NTNP and I just don't feel like it would be possible for me, as I know exactly when I'm fertile and would definitely get caught up in it.

I’m in exactly the same boat. We are trying for our first now but not scheduling sex around my fertile window. I have the same problem as you though, in that I can feel ovulation very obviously. Generally my sex drive increases a lot right before ovulation, so we always end up doing the deed during my fertile window.

This is our first month not preventing, and we dtd on the day I ovulated, so now I’m obsessively symptom spotting, which is what I wanted to avoid.

If you find anything to help calm the crazy let me know!

Thanks for replies ladies - I wish I did find something that helped tea for 2! I’m still very aware of when I ovulate, I purposely don’t let dh know as it would cause him to overthink so I can’t even talk to him about.

Maybe I just have to go with it and if we do dtd around O time I guess I’ll just have to put up with the fact that I am likely going to symptom spot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"