It feels like i have a trapped nerve in my bum cheek :S

Steff1611

Reaction score
I am 12w 1d and i keep getting shooting pains up my back and it seems to come from my bum cheek. I get it on both sides and it stays for a good 10 mins or so. I end up walking like a penguin!!! Its really quite painful.

Can anyone tell me what this could be and if its normal

Thanks xxx

I am 12w 1d and i keep getting shooting pains up my back and it seems to come from my bum cheek. I get it on both sides and it stays for a good 10 mins or so. I end up walking like a penguin!!! Its really quite painful.

Can anyone tell me what this could be and if its normal

Thanks xxx

Am sorry hun i don't know what it could be:hugs:. I think its best to go to the Doc tomorrow for a check up. I hope its nothing but its better safe than sorry.:hugs:. Minor ache and pains is 'normal' in pregnancy but if its so severe that you can't walk proper for 10 mins that's something to worry about. It might just be normal ache and pain. I hope its nothing to do with the baby gud luck :hugs:

sounds like classic sciatica. Your pelvis is starting to relax and soften with the hormone relaxin and unfortunately it starts to put pressure on the sciatic nerve which runs down you bum cheek and into the top of your thigh. It is often experienced like a grabbing pain on movement. Other pains with the pelvic girdle that are common in pregnancy include your tailbone feeling bruised although you haven't injured it and SPD (which is the small part at the front of your pelvis on the pubic bone) where it feels sore to walk and get up off the floor etc. I saw an osteopath for mine and it was cured in two sessions and I didn't need any further treatment for the rest of my pregnancy. I was in agony and having trouble looking after my 12mth old at the time. Osteo is kinda like physio and chiropractor in one, they look after the joints and muscles.

ahhh hi, popping over from 3d tri. I had this on my honeymoon!! hahaha it was just baby sitting on a nerve i couldnt walk it was so horrible the pain in my bum!! i went to bed on my side with a pillow between my legs and one leg straight and the other curled up. went away next morning. hopefully this will work if not see a doc in a few days, your LO might move xx

As someone else has said, Sciatica. I get it every time Im pregnant xx

I had issues with my sciatica from 4 weeks! It hasn't come back yet but I'm fully expecting it to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->