It feels like it will never happen!!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by RDH, Nov 19, 2011.

1. RDH

RDH Cautiously Expecting #1

Hi everyone, I have been off of BnB for awhile since I'm trying not to obsess but I just couldn't take it anymore today!

I got my period AGAIN yesterday and it just feels like I will never get pregnant. We have been trying for 6 months and I know that isn't that long (I honestly give so much credit to the amazing women on here LTTTC) but it is still making me so hopeless. I keep thinking deep down that it will just never happen because I have a wonderful husband and a great life and this is the one place where I feel like things are lacking. Like I am already so lucky how could I have everything. I know this is so dumb but I can't help having these feelings.

I now cry when my period comes and I get jealous of Pregnant women that I see (everywhere, btw!) Isn't that awful? I hate feeling this way and I wish I could just go back to not even thinking about all of this like before TTC.:cry:

Sorry about the negative rant, but am I the only one feeling this way?

2. Mrs.Resa

Mrs.Resa Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are feeling so down :hugs: I feel like this sometimes too. DH and i have been NTNP for 2 years and i never got a BFP. This is just our second cycle properly TTC. It's so frustrating to see my friends and family fall pregnant so easy and here I am still waiting. But i have faith that we will see our :bfp: hopefully sooner rather than later :flower:

3. Dukebaby25

Dukebaby25 Well-Known Member

hey there, I know what your going through. My husband and I aren't trying but aren't preventing but I am secretly praying everyday that it happens! He knows I really want a baby and he's ok when it happens but he's not wanting to try to hard till we get into a house. I feel for you, in another way because I felt like that with us getting married. I was watching all my friends get engaged and married who have been together less time than Bryan and I. I thought it was unfair and I felt selfish for feeling what I was feeling. We want what we want. The only thing I can say is you have alot of good things in your life, it seems. So just relax and be happy. My friend got married last year and was intent on getting pregnant on her honeymoon. A few months of trying stressed her out so they stopped. A few months pasted, they went on vacation, enjoyed eachother and had decided to start trying again. A few days later she found out she already was pregnant!
    Enjoy your life, enjoy your husband and Im sure you will be getting a bfp in no time! I will say a prayer for you tonight!
    Hoping for bfps and sticky beans!

4. londongirl

londongirl Well-Known Member

I honestly could've written this myself. I am so happy and feel so blessed in my life apart from having difficulty TTC. Period just came today so onto my 6th cycle. My hubby is so amazingly lovely about it too and I just cry. It almost feels like punishment cos the rest of my life is lovely. And yes I get jealous of other preg women too - and feel so guilty!
    I see you are in USA? well I guess the only thing I can say is you're not alone. There's someone on the other side of the world who is loving in a parallel universe to you and I totally get what you're saying
    Xxx

5. rdleela

rdleela Well-Known Member

I hear you, too! I am currently in my 4th cycle, and I know I'm most likely not preggo again, just because I can't imagine actually getting a positive HPT, even though we did everything bang on this month. It's the only thing in my life so far that I haven't been able to totally control! I'm not religious, not spiritual; everything I've done thus far has been through my own blood, sweat and tears! So it drives me nuts not being in control of getting pregnant! I don't know, I'm now thinking I may have a problem getting prego b/c of a short luteal phase, so I'm pretty sure I'm out again this month and on to the next and trying B100 to see if that will help for next cycle. Anyways, you're totally not alone, there's a lot of us out there that feel exactly the same way!

6. RDH

Thank you girls for all of the kind words and empathy. It's somehow comforting to know that I'm not the only one that thinks this way and that other women out there are feeling the same, even halfway across the world ;) I am going to try my hardest to just be thankful for all that I have and wait patiently for what I want. I guess that's all we can do.
    I think it is so hard for most of us because, like rdleela said, we are used to being in control of the goals in our lives and this is something we have no control over. TTC has been one of the biggest (and most frustrating) challenges for me but maybe I just need to learn to be patient like my DH. Easier said than done though, haha.

7. SLH

SLH Yeah Right!

It will happen.

8. irmastar

irmastar proud mom & a bit preggo

i know how u ladies feel but don't lose hope it will happen, i barely got my bfp on my 8th cycle but i have being actively ttc (supplemts like royal jelly, maca used softcups) and i even doing all those things i wasn't getting my bfp and was starting to loose hope and here i am 4 weeks along, and praying to have a healthy pregnancy. just wanted to let u know that some women have it harder than others to conceive but never lose hope.

9. Bunnylicious

Bunnylicious Well-Known Member

Yeah it's normal.
    I had a breakdown after TTC 6+ months too, every month.

But, it will happen.

10. jrwifey18

jrwifey18 Well-Known Member

wow i know the feeling of getting jeolous when seeing other pregnant women but i also think wow i cannot wait to be in their shoes and get all excited lol I'm really praying to receive our little blessing this month
    Baby dust to all

11. TiggyRoo

TiggyRoo Member

Oh I know that feeling :sad2: I have endometriosis just got the mc taken out and this is my first time trying I know I have a battle higher risk of miscarriage (endo) and eptopic preg (mc) I'm just hoping that they won't happen and if I'm honest I'm a bit scared about the whole thing I was told if I ttc for 6-9 months and nothing happens I'll have to go for more surgery which will delay things longer. But I'm keeping positive :happydance: I have a great husband who has been amazing to me esp the last few months when endo got worse.

12. Hopefull99

Hopefull99 Well-Known Member

RDH, you are not alone...I hate it, but i too feel like it will never happen...i cry and break down, and its not healthy for me...everything I do is consumed by pregnancy thoughts, sometimes i feel like I cannot take it anymore, its pretty extreme, and I only hope that I can control myself sooner than later. :sad2:

13. CryHer

CryHer Well-Known Member

Im right there with you ladies. Some things we'll never understand. Start thanking God in advance for his blessing that are soon to come!!

14. kandie

kandie Active Member

Hi there!

So I just read your comments and I swear you are inside of my head! EVERYTHING you have said is exactly how I feel. We are on month 5 of trying and feels like month 10.

I've been to the doctor and we've began running a few tests, mostly because I can't handle this "not knowing" thing and at least I have "control" of some tests being done. Seriously, I have never experienced anything like this before. I feel like I have always been in charge of my life until now. It's out of my hands and that is such a strange feeling.

Good luck this month! :)

15. karry1412

karry1412 Well-Known Member

I get jealous when I see pregnant women too but I also have this urge to run up to them & ask if they have any tips, how long they were TTC for etc! :blush:

Luckily I've managed to restrain myself so far!! :haha:

Extra special :dust: to you ladies.

16. LealeaA

LealeaA Member

I know exactly how you feel :cry: i have been ttc#1 for 20months. My hubby is the best ever but all we want is our bfp. You've got to keep positive thought havnt you. Fingers crossed we all get our bfp's very soon xxx

17. Hopefull99

Hopefull99 Well-Known Member

Karry, you are funny...I have the same thoughts, when I see a pregnant lady, but thankgoodnes I control myself and dont go up to strangers to ask personal questions, lol....Oh Boy,,,,just wanting to be blessed with an angel soon!

18. berki

berki 38 Plus Weeks ... :)

Hey there!! I know the feeling... It was after about 5 cycles that I started to lose my mind!! and no one really understood where I was coming from it is SO hard when you want something so bad and there is nothing you can do to change the outcome.
    I have been TTC for 1 year now (and really NTNP for 3 years prior to that as we only used withdrawl) and have recently been diagnosed with MFI... needless to say it has been a tough year

19. jchmielecki

jchmielecki Mom of one little girl

I know how you feel. Even before my husband and I started trying, I would get so disappointed when AF came. I would cry and feel like it was never going to happen. But in some ways, in my case, I'm glad things have worked out the way they have. I have been able to get healthier and more prepared now that we are officially trying. But I'm even more impatient! :)

~Jenn C.

20. RDH

Hopefully it will happen for all of us very soon!! It can be torture, I wouldn't wish TTC on my worst enemy, haha :)