It was twins but 2nd baby died :(

LorettaClaire

Mummy to 1 and twins :)
Reaction score
Hi,

Had my 12 weeks scan today. It seems it was twins but the 2nd one died at 10 weeks. The surviving baby is doing very well, healthy heartbeat and actually measures a full week bigger than expected. So i am actually 13 weeks now.

Do you think the baby will be okay??? Is there an added risk of losing the baby now that the second one has died?

Thanks

Loretta

Hey hun. I have no advice, but just wanted to say if baby appears healthy, Im sure everything will be ok.
:hugs:
xxxxx

So sorry to hear your news. It is one of my biggest fears right now!! I think your other baby will be fine. This happens and from what I know, I think the other baby will more than likely just eventually be reabsorbed by the body. I would definately ask the doctor what you should expect!! Good luck to you!! :hugs:

I'm sorry for your loss! Your surviving twin should be just fine! Your body most likely will absorb the twin you lost resulting in what is known as vanishing twin syndrome. GL and I will pray for your lo!

Sorry about your loss. It's great news that the other baby is healthy!

I'm sorry to hear your news, I'm sure your baby will be fine... sadly it is quite common in twins for one of them to die in first tri! :hugs:

thanks for all your reassurances ladies! i was okay at first but the more i think about it the more gutted i am so so is oh. on the bright side we've still got one healthy happy baby :) x

Sorry to hear about this hunny. :(

But congratulations on beany! Im sure they will be perfect :D! xx

sorry hun and congrats!! im sure your bean will be fine, x

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of one of the twins. Congrats on the other baby who is doing great and growing.

I'm sorry to hear your news, I'm sure your baby will be fine... sadly it is quite common in twins for one of them to die in first tri! :hugs:

Yeah, that is what I heard too, sadly.

aww I am sorry for the loss of one of the twins, how sad :(

I am sure your baby will be just fine, wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy xx

So sorry for your loss but im pleased that the other twin is very healthy! xx

I am so sorry for your loss, this is one of my fears at the moment.
My Dr will be scanning me again on the 23rd Dec to make sure both are still growing and both hearts are still beating. He did say it is common to loss one of the twins early on in the first tri, so I am praying that doesn't happen.

Congratulations on having one healthy little bean growing inside of you, that alone is a blessing :hugs:

I'm sure your baby will be fine. It's sad about the twin though. I know a girl who miscarried and the doctors were going to do a D&C when they realized she had a second baby in there...that little boy is now 12 and doing fine!

hi, i now have a gorgeous healthy 18 week old little girl, she was 8 weeks early, we lost her identical twin at 26 weeks, it was a very scary time, one we will never forget.
the earloer the loss the less risk, they say a lot od pregnancies are twins, but a lot lose one before they even know,
hope all is still well, good luck

So sorry for your loss hunny but it sounds positive that other baby is doing well. My cousin went through a simlar experience, when she went for her 1st scan early at 6 weeks they told her she'd originallygot pregnant naturallywith sepuplets but 5 of them had died and she was expecting twins then when she went for her second scan at 12 weeks they told her that 1 of the twins had died but other baby was doing realy well. She went on to have a really healthy pregnancy and now has the most beautiful 3 month old little boy xx

So sorry for the loss of one of your bubbas, but glad to hear the other is doing well. My mum was carrying twins 32 years ago and sadly one of them died mid-way thru her pregnancy - the other one - my little brother survived and was born fit & healthy and is still a big pain in the butt!x

All your messages have made me feel a hundred times better! Thank you x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->