Itchiness...driving me mad!

emsiee

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Is anybody else suffering with localised itching??

My legs are driving me insane!!! I have to use Calamine lotion to ease it. Its starting to worry me because it really is persistant and on a scale of 1 - 10 its an 8.

Now I know itching may be caused by the production of more hormones than usual or maybe something more serious such as obstetric cholestasis but I have read this is more common in 3rd Tri..nothing in really mentioned about it in 1st or 2nd.

Im at the hospital on Tues so am gonna mention it then.

Is anyone else suffering/suffered with this in any pregnancy so early on?? If so, what did you about it and any tips on things to use??

me!!! weirdly only on my knees and started at the end of last week but oh so itchy, and they're not dryer than usual and i'm mousturising them even more because of the itching!!

Is anybody else suffering with localised itching??

My legs are driving me insane!!! I have to use Calamine lotion to ease it. Its starting to worry me because it really is persistant and on a scale of 1 - 10 its an 8.

Now I know itching may be caused by the production of more hormones than usual or maybe something more serious such as obstetric cholestasis but I have read this is more common in 3rd Tri..nothing in really mentioned about it in 1st or 2nd.

Im at the hospital on Tues so am gonna mention it then.

Is anyone else suffering/suffered with this in any pregnancy so early on?? If so, what did you about it and any tips on things to use??

Hi hun, yeah I have this, only in the night getting it on my legs and tummy. Drove me mad last night. I find if I am too warm it makes it worse.

:hugs:

Yes I'm so itchy! Boobs and legs are worst! X

Thanks for your replys...thank god its not just me then!!

Made me feel better about things now. I thought there was something wrong with me!

omg yes!!! my legs end up bleeding i cant stop scratching them!! My tummy n arms are sometimes itchy too but nothing compared to my legs! they drive me utterly insane!!! I dunno if im more senstive now when shaving coz when ive shaved they're fine, when the hairs start growing back in its a total nightmare! never been like that before with shaving lol x

My legs have just started itching! Right at the top on the inside! Glad im not the only one too! xx

i've read that itchy dry skin can be attributed to not getting enough water to drink. The book I read recommended drinking 8- 16 oz. glasses per day

My legs have been scratched so much they bleed and its now my arms too!! AAARGH. I've started completely covering myself with cocoa butter after bathing which seems to alleviate it for a while. I'm only 4 weeks pregnant, please God it can't get any worse??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->