itchy feet hands legs and arms :(

J

jenwigan

:( this is starting to get me down now for the past two weeks my hands and feet have been really itchy, but the past week its gone all on my arms and legs really stating to iritate me :( any body else had this or know why am getting it ? xxx

You should get in contact with you rmidwife coz it sounds like you have Obstretic cholestatis, Im not sure but I know that the main sigh is itchy feet and hands.

I found this on the net:

Typically, symptoms occur in the last third of pregnancy when the hormone levels are at their highest. However, it sometimes develops earlier in pregnancy.

Itch
This is the most common and typical symptom. The itch can be 'all over', but it is often worst on the hands and feet. Commonly, itch is the only symptom. It tends to get worse until you have the baby. The itch can become severe and affect sleep, concentration, mood, and can become distressing.

Note: mild itching from time to time is normal in pregnancy. However, if you develop a constant itch that gets worse, tell your doctor. A blood test can confirm if you have obstetric cholestasis.

Other less common symptoms include:
Tiredness.
Poor appetite and feeling sick.
Mild jaundice. You may go 'yellow' and have dark urine and pale faeces (stools). This is uncommon and due to an increased level of bilirubin (a constituent of bile) leaking from the bile ducts into the bloodstream.

bets to get in touch with midwife to rule it out x

thanks for that hun :O:O im well gobsmaked because iv been soo tired recently aswell going to ring midwifes in morning :) xx

Yes yes yes! Get it checked out!! That's what it sounds like!!

This is the thread
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/415-please-read-obstetric-cholestasis.html

At the top of the 3rd tri page too. There's a sticky about it.

I am pretty sure I had it with my last pregnancy. I itched like mad. It would not go away until after birth it was odd. I mentioned it to my doctor as I was in labor about how nuts it is and how it wont stop itching and she didn't think anything was wrong. I was too close to birth. You need to be seen though hun honestly

I had an itchy rash for about a week on my arms, thighs, chest and belly. I tried all sorts but found Germoline to be the best treatment.

My MW said it was due to a hormone surge an it was acne (thank god it wasn't on my face). She also said she wasn't concerned cos my hands and feet weren't itchy. Itchy hands and feet are worrying so I would get checked TBH.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/416-please-read-obstetric-cholestasis.html plz read this :hugs:

Everyone please get to MW or GP if you have any intense Itching, I had O.C as you can see if you read the above link

but my hands and feet never itched and a lot of medical people will dismiss it if no itching in them places I am just very lucky my MW was on the ball.

I was only itching my arm lightly and she jumped on it straightaway, A simple blood test will rule it out

:hugs: Good luck jenwigan

Definetly go and see your GP or MW

I have been itching like mad for weeks now, went and had my bloods tested at docs, didn't hear anything back for over week and a half so chased it up beginning of this wk to be told one of the results was low risk and the other had been faxed over to the community mw's so i had to contact them ?! wtf

Left them a voicemail and my mw called back, said she didn't have the results but would bring them to my next appointment (which is today).

Im assuming there is no problem as I was told they would contact me immediately if there was so if she turns up and tells me there IS a risk I am going to be really cross.

Just to add I have the itching everywhere except palms of hands and soles of feet.

Defiantly get it checked out hun, its so important, I hope its nothing, please let us know how it goes, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->