Items for YOU after childbirth?

Ditto with tea tree and lavender oil. I kept water bottles for warm water when going for wee and nursing t shirts

Thanks everyone!

I do have a question, and I hope its not too much TMI. How or why do you get hemorrhoids/piles during pregnancy? I can understand from labor - because of the pushing. But during pregnancy? Is it because of constipation, or can they just occur out of the blue?

I'm gonna get over my shyness and ask for a laxative or stool softener this time. OMG OUCH!! was it ever painful trying to go after giving birth, with my 3rd degree tear and all, I thought I was gonna rip apart.
Also this time I asked for help even before baby is born :haha: cause its such hard work and just incase if I'm kinda bed ridden again I'll need help with house work and watching DD.
And I will stock up on cotton pads.

lavendar oil, tea tree oil and splash of milk in my bath helped my 4th degree tear heal without any problems

Thanks everyone!

I do have a question, and I hope its not too much TMI. How or why do you get hemorrhoids/piles during pregnancy? I can understand from labor - because of the pushing. But during pregnancy? Is it because of constipation, or can they just occur out of the blue?

I never got them but I believe it is due to constipation, changing hormones can change your bowel movements but also a lot of pregnant women take iron supplements if their levels are low (very common in pregnancy) and this is turn can result in constipation thus piles.

Another one I thought of is a hot water bottle, I had really bad backache after having my DD and it was bliss having heated pain relief

At first I used a bottle of water when I went to the loo, but after about a week I 'graduated' to using those flushable wet wipes until I healed (I had a 3rd degree tear so it took a little while) I also had salt baths each day in the first week to aid healing and made sure I always had a cushion to sit on, just the chair or sofa itself was too uncomfortable!

Earth Mama Angel Baby has this spray called New Mama Bottom Spray. Would highly recommend for any discomfort down there. That same brand also has Postpartum Bath Herbs. I bought those but never got around to using them so can't really comment on how good they are.

Tucks pads, anticeptic spray [it numbs and keeps infection at bay], Always Infinity pads [and lots of them, I thought 60 would be enough, turns out I needed closer to 100 before the PP bleeding was done, I have a tendancy to change them often though, so that may just be me :blush:], a size or two larger than you normally wear panties, breast pads, face wipes [for easy "freshing up" when a shower is just too much work] and the water bottle for spraying while you pee [filled with luke warm water is amazing!!].
There's more but I'll have to remember [I swear I still have baby brain :haha:]

Any of you girls considering cloth sanitary pads for pp bleeding , I assure you they are far more comfortable and less expensive xx

Any of you girls considering cloth sanitary pads for pp bleeding , I assure you they are far more comfortable and less expensive xx

I didn't even know such a thing existed lol but I'm not a huge fan of doing laundry and dh was already totally freaked on the idea of cloth diapers - I don't even want to know how he'd react if I brought those into the mix :haha:

I'm a recent convert.
I read somewhere that sanitary towels contain chemicals that increase bleeding? !
I just have them in a little wet bag and dh wouldn't even know.
I have used cloth nappies on and off but I can't find any to work for ds xx

Thanks everyone!

Piles can be caused by extra blood flow and baby putting pressure on down there. So sometimes not avoidable no matter how much ruffage you eat or water you drink! :wacko:

Salt! Honestly bathing in salt water helped my stitches heal up in no time. Midwife (and my mother) recommended it and I was petrified it would stung but no it felt quite soothing and healed them up lovely xx

I tore with my 1st and a squirty bottle with warm water and salt to squirt on there after peeing. Helps the healing process, also take it in the shower with you and squirt as well. Salt in bath water also helps if you want a bath. Comfy knickers are a must as well.

Did you both just use normal salt? Like food salt? And how much? I've heard of epson salt but normal salt is much easier as it's already in my cupboard! :)

^^Ooo, good question! I just figured it was normal salt! lol

I dudnt have piles/hemorrhoids until labour I assume the pushing just popped them out.

Another thing is lanolin nipple cream Lasinoh I think the uk brand is and its a god send. My tip is sit on the tube while you feed to warm it up because its really thick when cold then pop it on, really healed my cracked nipples.

These are great ladies! I'm totally making a list!!

Another vote for Lansinoh!
I bought a cheaper nipple cream and it stung so much.... lansinoh all the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->