It's almost as if OH wants to be killed!

Thumper01

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sure I'm not alone and we've all suffered an case of the insensitive OH, but I need a little rant before I actually kill mine and bury him in the back garden!

It's like he thinks I have nothing to complain about and if I do say " oh I'm tired going for a lie down" he rolls his eyes at me - which makes me want to punch him!

Obviously I'm not really going to murder him, but I'd really like if he actually read some o the books he's been given and then he might actually understand what I'm going through!

Short of tying him to a chair and foreign him to look at the book - anyone else have any suggestions or should I just give up and start planning his demise now??? Lol
:haha:

Forcing even not foreign - clearly angry typing is not the way forward!

Lol!!!! My OH said "you moan so much it's like you don't want to be pregnant"! Not the right thing to say to a hormonal 8 week pregnant wife!!!! Needless to say I nearly killed him! You're not on your own, I just don't think they get what's happening inside our bodies as they can't see anything apart from massive boobs!!! Lol!!

OH can be pains in the butts.

how about righting things that are happening each week ect on stick in note's around the places in your home he goes in, he will have to read them :haha:

mine is driving me mad! He whinges that i talk to my sister about pregnancy stuff when i am worried or stressed then when i try and include me he tells me all i do is moan! i keep telling him at the min is all the 'negative' side of pregnancy - the sickness the fatigue and that when that eases off and baby starts moving and we can hear the heartbeat he will feel more in tune with it all and he just grunted at me! i know he is excited and just being cautious with his feelings as we have had losses in the past but i would like a bit more than a grunt!

Sorry guess i did not realise how much it bothered me!

I swear our OH's hormones go just as crazy as ours do during pregnancy because they usually just get so grumpy/bitchy/moody. Just try to talk it out as much as you can... Or, if you're like me, yell at him and blame it on the baby. lol

I agree with xdxxtx! My OH's initial interest in my wellbeing dried up pretty much as soon as I had morning sickness. He has become a hormonal nightmare for a good month. He snaps, complains he's tired and says that he has had enough of my moaning and attitude! He's a real Jeckel (sp?) and Hyde. I don't know when the temper tantrum might be released. It's almost as if he is the one pregnant and I'm an inconvenience to him! :D

I've sent him to Coventry now until he apologises. I told him that I'm almost a third of the way through now and he has been zip help. Hopefully that and a few unironed shirts might give him something to think about! :haha:

I agree with xdxxtx! My OH's initial interest in my wellbeing dried up pretty much as soon as I had morning sickness. He has become a hormonal nightmare for a good month. He snaps, complains he's tired and says that he has had enough of my moaning and attitude! He's a real Jeckel (sp?) and Hyde. I don't know when the temper tantrum might be released. It's almost as if he is the one pregnant and I'm an inconvenience to him! :D

I've sent him to Coventry now until he apologises. I told him that I'm almost a third of the way through now and he has been zip help. Hopefully that and a few unironed shirts might give him something to think about! :haha:

I have heard that males can get our symptoms? X

That would just be like my OH. I swear he's the girl in our relationship. This would just be proof! :)

HAH! That's exactly it, I even said to him the other day ' I'm the one who supposed to be hormonal and moody because I'm pregnant, what's your excuse?!' Needless to say I got silence as a response.

He really is being one heck of a whingy git and it's getting to the point where I'm either going to kill him, or make him sleep in the garden shed - very chilly this time of year.

Another fine example - he TELLS me he's going out with the boys at the weekend, now I never normally have an issue with him going out, but at the moment a little senistivity and diplomacy wouldnt go a miss - fat chance.
So I got a little huffy, he then asks me whats wrong and when I tell him, starts moaning at me.......... So I had him *oops* :haha:

He then gets up at 5am this morning for work and starts banging and crashing about like a stroppy teenager demanding to know where his work clothes have been put (try ironed and hanging in your wardrobe like normal you *&$!):hissy: - seriously?!?!?

i am so glad i am not the only one.

all morning i have been in and out of the look crying - hormones - as he has been a nightmare!

I am getting really stressed out as a couple of my friends have had miscarriages and i am so worried. he totally doesnt get it though!! he keeps telling me not to be so negative and silly. i even had an email from his mum this morning to tell me to stop being so negative as it is affecting him!!! ARGH!!!!!!!! i was trying to talk to him last night about what was going on inside me and he asked how many weeks i was. OH MY GOD, i have told him hundreds of times what week i am in, i pretty much tell him every day, like today is 6 weeks 4 days etc etc. i was absolutely gobsmacked, i burst in to tears and then he gets all arsey as he now feels guilty.

i have decided to not say anything more about how i feel, what is going on or anything - what is the point!!!!

My bf kept dismissing anything I said about being tired etc like "it's too early to feel any of that yet". I think if they can't see a big fat bump they can't believe it's affecting you.

And of course he wouldn't read any books either. But here's a tip. You can pin him down and make him read one article, and this is a really good dad's guide to month 2 on whattoexpect.com. Mine has really taken note! It explains how our bodies are working super hard and we'll now use more energy just lying down than he would working out (pretty sure that's not true but doesn't hurt to let them think that!!)

Month 1 even tells them to pick one of our jobs around the house and start doing it themselves!!

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/dads-guide/month-2/for-real.aspx

Ugh... TRYING to get him to read ANYTHING is a nightmare! I askedh im "Do you know what the baby eats? What age it can do this?" Of course no... but I told him to go read up on it, google... 10 minutes a day at least he says "Well, that's 8 months away." EXACTLY! What does he think this is? A science project that you can work on the night before it's due? Hormones have been absolutely awful... and you're right, just because these is no bump does not mean we aren't going through anything.... he doesn't think so. It's so frustrating! I think I cried for at least an hour last night and now he's scared to even say a word, thinking he's going to spark an "emotional uproar".

Skysal... I feel the same way...

Lol!! funny thread. I think my other half is suffering from a case of the look-at-me's ever since i've got pregnant HE has loads of problems, such as feeling sick and tired! it's driving me mad! i should be the one complaining not him! lolx

The crying bit isnt funny though, didnt mean to sound like an insensitive coww.

Today was worse... I keep getting the "What's wrong with you! Why are you acting like this?!" Oh, I don't know... headaches, cramping, feeling that morning sickness... you know, no big deal. Oh wait, I'm pregnant... that's right! My body is going through some changes and yours isn't.

*sigh* That hole is looking deeper and deeper now...

mine is driving me mad! He whinges that i talk to my sister about pregnancy stuff when i am worried or stressed then when i try and include me he tells me all i do is moan! i keep telling him at the min is all the 'negative' side of pregnancy - the sickness the fatigue and that when that eases off and baby starts moving and we can hear the heartbeat he will feel more in tune with it all and he just grunted at me! i know he is excited and just being cautious with his feelings as we have had losses in the past but i would like a bit more than a grunt!

Sorry guess i did not realise how much it bothered me!
well your 12 weeks now, he should be happier.
this is the stage when its hard to have a miscarriage.
haven't you guys heard the heartbeat and stuff already?

I've heard it all now - my OH just told me I'm unreasonable and had a go at me for being hormonal. He's sick of me moaning - well on sick of you in general chum but you don't hear me saying it, maybe I will....

Then kill him & bury him in the garden lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->