its been 3 years of ntnp

samela101

Reaction score
Firstly I'm excited I found a forum with women in the exact situation I'm in

1) I'm in a monogamous relationship and been off of birth control for about 3 years. We're not trying to get pregnant but also not preventing it either, except the occasional pull out. Should I be worried about infertility? I have regular periods monthly. I have only been late a couple of times, only by about a week or two, but that could be because of diet and/or clotting or a million other things. I am 25 and he is 28. We have sex probably once a week, sometimes less, sometimes more. We're in no rush to have kids but I feel like after 3 years is a long time without even a possible pregnancy.

Basically, assuming we are both healthy and fertile, is it odd after 3 years there hasnt been a possible pregnancy? The only difference I can see between what we are doing and actually trying is the charts, maybe we don't have sex enough and like I said sometimes he does pull out.

2) Any idea how costly it is to see a doctor and be tested? I looked a little online and apparently there is all kinds of tests they can run. Is there a general test for females, something similar to maybe a sperm count?

He wants to wait another year or two, I wanted kids since last year, so letting nature decide seemed like a good compromise.

Hi hun, it sounds to me like you have just not been having sex enough or at the right times maybe. Once a week is okay, but if you happen to miss your fertile window - which is only about 5/6 days long - then you're not going to get pregnant. Plus, even if you do it on all the right days and are of average fertility there's still only a 20% chance each month.

So you can see when you think of those things combined plus you roccasional pulling out, it's not a worry that you haven't got pregnant yet.

I'd suggest reading through the charting basics courses on fertility friend so that you can learn about your fertile window etc. I'm not saying you should chart, but maybe just getting an idea of female fertility might help.

Also, try to have sex more often. Obviously you don't want to go mental at it, which is why you're NTNP, but it needs to be either more frequent or more targeted to your fertile window.

HTH! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"