It's been 7 weeks since mc but still not af...when to ring the GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GI_Jane

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I had a mc at almost 6 weeks (no d&c). After the bleeding stopped preg tests were all negative.

It's now been 7 weeks since this and no period yet. I really just want to get back to normal. I did take another test recently and it was negative.

I've read elsewhere the average time to get a period after an mc is 2-6 weeks so I'm at the latter end now. I just want it to come

Has anyone else been through this? At what point should I ring the GP? I'm expecting them to tell me to wait it out so I haven't bothered ringing yet.

Thanks guys,
Jane.

I got my AF back 14 weeks after a natural MC. I went to my GP who said wait another month before they do anything! If its really bothering u go see the dr - i know how frustrating (& disheartening) it is xxx

Thanks baby devil, wow 14 weeks....crazy.

The absence is not such a problem- not yet anyway, I don't think we will try again until the new year now :cry: but I've had PMS symptoms for about 4 weeks and have all the water retention, moodiness, cramping, bad skin etc and this is the bit that really bothers me. Every time I get serious cramps I think here it is comes great! But then it doesn't.

I'm not particularly stressed so cannot understand why to have all the symptoms for a few weeks and nothing?

Hi Gi,

So sorry for your loss.

I had a MMC back in April, and a D&C a few days after our scan. It took 9 weeks exactly after my D&C for my period to show, I was ready for calling the docs!

I was told anything upto 12 weeks is "normal" x

I may have been told differently because of my age (35) and I told the doc I wanted to try again right away. She had me schedule an appointment for 6 weeks from then just so they could do a follow up exam and she said she could give Clomid to kickstart my OV if I hadn't had AF by then.

I actually got my first, and weird/spotty/barely any bleeding/tons more cramping than usual, AF about 22 days after the mc, but it was natural and I had no D&C. I still have my followup with her next week and figured I might as well go and see if anything new is going on.

If your ready for it they might get you on something to start it for you if there a good dr. Wishing you luck.

My af took 7.5 weeks to arrive after my d&c. My next af was also 7 weeks after that and now I'm back to normal. I think everyone is different so I wouldn't worry at the moment.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I had a telephone appointment with the GP today, she said 4-6 weeks was the norm for af returning after a loss but that is based on a 28 day cycle. She said since my cycle is quite a bit longer than that (about 40-42 days) then she would expect it to come around 6-8 weeks after the loss (i'm at about 7 weeks). Made sense and I felt better for talking to the GP despite my initial reluctance to call them.

I never had scans to check everything had gone so also there was that possibility that my body had retained some tissue but she said that in that case I would be getting BFP's and bleeding/discharge and cramps- none of which I have so was also good to hear this.

I am sorry for all our losses, lets looks towards some Christmas/new year BFP's :winkwink:

It took about 4 weeks for all of the HCG hormone to get out of my system. It seemed to dwindle on for weeks. I had light spotting about 1 month after my D&C and then my first normal period came right on time 1 month later. I thought I would pull my hair out waiting but heard it was very common to take anywhere up to 3 months to get back to normal.

Hope she shows up soon for you!!

Hiya, i'm in a very similar situation.. mc about 7 weeks ago and no af and all bfn's. Its so frustrating I just want my af to start. I am feeling the same, quite moody and pms'y however no cramps. Nice to know this seems normal though :p

Just over 8 long weeks and af has started with a vengeance. Never thought I'd be so happy to see it.

Here's hoping for a bfp in time for Christmas.x

Oh congrats! Still waiting for mine :( I hope to god it comes soon and we both get bfp's before Christmas x

Oh congrats! Still waiting for mine :( I hope to god it comes soon and we both get bfp's before Christmas x

I just posted a thread saying the same thing!

Do you think your af will come soon? People have said anything from 4 weeks to 4 months!

I waited and waited for my AF after a D&C. Finally I got another scan, and I had retained products (after 2 1/2 months). After the second D&C they followed me more closely, and then I had a third D&C several weeks later. After months of hormone treatment, I had a fourth surgery that found adhesions that were partially blocking my uterus (Asherman's Syndrome). Not to alarm anyone, but if you think there's something wrong, don't take "no" for an answer! I've certainly learned that lesson from this experience.

Alyson

Do you think your af will come soon? People have said anything from 4 weeks to 4 months!

Well I have quite long cycles too (34-35 days) so maybe thats why its so late. I think I didn't ovulate because I've had patches of ewcm here and there but now my boobs are really sore like they are around af so i'm hoping she's close. All tests bfn which isn't a surprise as we've hardly bd'd at all. I just feel too stressed waiting for her to get in the mood. I hope she comes soon so we can get back to normal.

Are you going to try this month? I don't know whether to have a normal cycle first and then try the following month to let my body recover a bit. But then I'd like to have a bfp before christmas so not sure... its such a worry.

I waited and waited for my AF after a D&C. Finally I got another scan, and I had retained products (after 2 1/2 months). After the second D&C they followed me more closely, and then I had a third D&C several weeks later. After months of hormone treatment, I had a fourth surgery that found adhesions that were partially blocking my uterus (Asherman's Syndrome). Not to alarm anyone, but if you think there's something wrong, don't take "no" for an answer! I've certainly learned that lesson from this experience.

Alyson

Oh mowat, that's awful, if the loss wasn't bad enough then all that on top stretching out the agony. I'm sorry to hear but thanks for sharing.

Will the ashermans syndrome prevent you from conceiving in the future?

Well I have quite long cycles too (34-35 days) so maybe thats why its so late. I think I didn't ovulate because I've had patches of ewcm here and there but now my boobs are really sore like they are around af so i'm hoping she's close. All tests bfn which isn't a surprise as we've hardly bd'd at all. I just feel too stressed waiting for her to get in the mood. I hope she comes soon so we can get back to normal.

Are you going to try this month? I don't know whether to have a normal cycle first and then try the following month to let my body recover a bit. But then I'd like to have a bfp before christmas so not sure... its such a worry.

Hey bobster, sounds like af will come soon for you too. I was stressed about it not coming too and maybe that did delay it also. I was hoping I was pregnant again but deep down I knew I was clutching at straws and the tests were negative too....

How far along were you when you miscarried?

As for trying again, in my head I thought start again in the new year but now af is here I want to try for when I next ovulate. I don't temp or do opk's, just monitor Ewcm but I wonder if this month will be messed up, so was thinking of trying opk's but I don't want to become obsessed and DH already made comments about me being a POAS addict!

So yes I will try this month. Once you get af out the way will you hope to try straight after too?

Are you TTC #1?

My one reservation is how it felt to have a loss (it was my first bfp and first miscarriage). I've felt quite alone through this whole process and I have my reservations about it happening again but also if it does, dealing with it mostly on my own again too.

Sorry waffled on a bit there...

How far along were you when you miscarried?

As for trying again, in my head I thought start again in the new year but now af is here I want to try for when I next ovulate. I don't temp or do opk's, just monitor Ewcm but I wonder if this month will be messed up, so was thinking of trying opk's but I don't want to become obsessed and DH already made comments about me being a POAS addict!

So yes I will try this month. Once you get af out the way will you hope to try straight after too?

Are you TTC #1?

My one reservation is how it felt to have a loss (it was my first bfp and first miscarriage). I've felt quite alone through this whole process and I have my reservations about it happening again but also if it does, dealing with it mostly on my own again too.

Sorry waffled on a bit there...

I am TTC #1 after my m/c and I am right there with you about whether or not to try. Last month I tried not to because I wanted to wait a cycle to recover. I still cried and cried with disappointment when I got AF. I knew I wasn't pregnant, but I instantly liked the idea of no AF for 9 months. I am trying this month, but sometimes I have a flash of OMG what have I done, what if it worked and I go through this again? It's tough.

I don't know yet how the Asherman's has affected my fertility. This is the first month we've been trying and I feel like I'm pregnant, but so far I've been getting BFNs. If I don't get pregnant right away I'm going to insist on more follow up. Some people certainly lose the ability to conceive because of the damamge.

Alyson[/QUOTE]

Oh mowat, that's awful, if the loss wasn't bad enough then all that on top stretching out the agony. I'm sorry to hear but thanks for sharing.

Will the ashermans syndrome prevent you from conceiving in the future?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jane. I hope she comes. I think I may have ovulated over the weekend as got one sided pain and ewcm (not as much as usual but there) so might be about 10 days until af if so. We'll see, my boobs are hurting like i'm in the luteal phase anyway so thats good. I have had 2 losses, the first one in June at 5 +3 and this one in Aug/Sept which was a chemical pregnancy. I had a positive test when I was already bleeding. With the first one my af was only 1 day late so I can't understand why I missed it with this one.. bizzare.

I dont know about the opks.. sometimes they can stress you out even more. The first month after my first mc I used the digital ones with a smiley face which I found less stressful. They do make it easier but you've proved you can get pg just studying ewcm so do you need to use them? I don't think men really understand us with these things. My oh was exactly the same when I was poas. I hide it from him now so he doesn't worry about my sanity!

I feel exactly the same about trying again. I'm terrified. Yes we are ttc #1.
I know how you feel about feeling alone through it too... I think the second one was even worse as I was already bleeding so my OH couldnt really understand why I was so upset and emotional. I feel I went through it alone too...:cry: Are you ttc#1 too?

Do you have any idea when you should ovulate this month? x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back