It's been a while!

princess2406

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys💙
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Feeling very excited and nervous to be back in this section of the forum again. A little about me :flower: We tried for 3 years to conceive our ds, had all the tests which were all clear apart from one month showed I didn't ovulate so was prescribed clomid, 4 cycles of cllomid with no success so we were diagnosed as unexplained infertility and were refered for IVF which I'm so thankful to say was successful 1st time :cloud9: It took a good year for my oh to come round to TTC for number 2, mostly because of our journey the first time. Fast forward we've been TTC number 2 for just under 8 months naturally with no success. My blood tests showed I'm ovulating and oh sa results were fine, so our gp refered us back to acu. Our referal has been accepted and we will be seen at the infertility clinic in the next few weeks.

We have no idea what options are available to us this time. The NICE guidelines around qaulifying for IVF have changed a lot since we did our 1st cycle ( NHS funded). The research we have done we will qualify again but honestly until we speak to the fs Im keeping an open mind.

So looking forward to our appointment and joining you all to share this journey again, it seems very surreal to be stepping back on this emotional roller coaster again.

Just want to say all the best, just had success with ivf 3rd time lucky so know what an emotional rollercoaster the journey is. See your also Yorkshire, I was at Sheffield and they are all amazing down there.

Just want to say all the best, just had success with ivf 3rd time lucky so know what an emotional rollercoaster the journey is. See your also Yorkshire, I was at Sheffield and they are all amazing down there.

Congratulations to you!

And thankyou, yes they are fab. We had a brilliant experience and hoping the same consultant we dealt with, Dr Naffee is still there fingers crossed x

Congratulations on your little boy! We're in a similar situation, we've been trying for 9 months with no luck so are planning our next ivf cycle for a sibling for our son. Exciting and terrifying all in one!

Congratulations on your little boy! We're in a similar situation, we've been trying for 9 months with no luck so are planning our next ivf cycle for a sibling for our son. Exciting and terrifying all in one!
Good luck to you hun. We've just had our appointment through to see the consultant on 24th March x

Ooh, how exciting! Good luck! We had our appointment last week. Plan is to start the pill in May and then get going in July. Eek! That leaves one more month of trying naturally. After four years of TTC you'd think I wouldn't bother but I can't help it!

How are you feeling about it all?

Not long for you to wait at all then!

I'm excited but nervous to see what the consultant says. It's a different consultant to who we were under before so not sure what to expect really, hopefully the appointment will be positive! x

Good luck with your appointment! When are you hoping to start again?

We've changed clinics so it's a bit daunting. It's very different from the first!

I'm hoping We can get started straight away, hopefully they won't want to do tests again seen as we've gone through if all before and I am ovulating this time on my own. We get married August next year so time is ticking!

How come you gave changed clinics hun? x

Oooh, congratulations on getting your up and coming wedding!

I originally went to the Lister in London but since then my husband has changed jobs so I can't get there very easily, especially with my little boy. We're now at Southampton. I egg share so there aren't that many options!

Did you find out if you were eligible for NHS funding in the end?

Did you find out if you were eligible for NHS funding in the end?

I'd be interested to know this too. I was under the impression that the NHS wouldn't fund IVF if either partner already had a child. I'm pregnant with #1 and my DH and I are already thinking about saving to fund another cycle to try for #2 x

Good luck! I was also not eligible for ivf on the nhs as I already have a daughter so keeping fingers crossed for you that it's different in Yorkshire.

Unfortunately no we are not eligable as we already have done 1 x ivf nhs which was successful. I was expecting it to be honest, but we had a shock in that oh sperm results came back low. Last time we were diagnosed unexplained. So now we are just waiting for the referral to come through.

Sorry it wasn't better news, but your last ivf working first time is really positive. Finger crossed x

Sorry to hear the sperm results came back low. All I can say is on our last round of IVF my husband produced six sperm (not six hundred/thousand/million, just six!) and one of those six is now our little boy.

Did they give you a possible timeline for starting the next round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->