It's done! Unemployed pregnant woman-happy update

Shandelion

Reaction score
After all the bullying and harassment and unsafe jobs at work, all the worry about if they'd make me miscarry...the stress and not knowing how long I'd have insurance, if they'd fire me or not essentially for being pregnant...today was my last day. The only pain is in that I thought insurance lasted the month you lose you job and it turns out they cancel it immediately. They are going to do me the kindness of considering tomorrow my last day so that my last prenatal, where I hear the heartbeat, is covered. Guess the rest of my NT testing is not covered. I feel so weird. I know there are insurance options, but...not knowing for a fact how I'm going to find out the gender in four weeks, that really sucks. But it's better than being harassed and bullied every day, having my job threatened every time they're in a bad mood.

After all the bullying and harassment and unsafe jobs at work, all the worry about if they'd make me miscarry...the stress and not knowing how long I'd have insurance, if they'd fire me or not essentially for being pregnant...today was my last day. The only pain is in that I thought insurance lasted the month you lose you job and it turns out they cancel it immediately. They are going to do me the kindness of considering tomorrow my last day so that my last prenatal, where I hear the heartbeat, is covered. Guess the rest of my NT testing is not covered. I feel so weird. I know there are insurance options, but...not knowing for a fact how I'm going to find out the gender in four weeks, that really sucks. But it's better than being harassed and bullied every day, having my job threatened every time they're in a bad mood.

I have read and responded to some of your posts so this is good news. However, they can get a serious lawsuit for this. I would talk to someone.

I didn't see if you're in the states or not but there is medical plans for your state most likely? you could also go to the family planning clinics they will normally have someone over see your care if you're unemployed while you get insurance such.

I wish you the best and I am glad you dont have to deal with that anymore.

Thanks for keeping reading after all this time ;) I know it's a definite lawsuit. They didn't leave themselves a leg to stand on lol. I'd rather avoid it if possible, anyway. There are definitely insurance options...I'm not worried, just unsettled. Doesn't help that my husband came home horribly sick tonight! But it was so sweet...he came up the stairs and when I went to hug him he said he didn't want to infect us! Us meaning the unborn baby and me :)

Thanks for keeping reading after all this time ;) I know it's a definite lawsuit. They didn't leave themselves a leg to stand on lol. I'd rather avoid it if possible, anyway. There are definitely insurance options...I'm not worried, just unsettled. Doesn't help that my husband came home horribly sick tonight! But it was so sweet...he came up the stairs and when I went to hug him he said he didn't want to infect us! Us meaning the unborn baby and me :)

:cloud9:

Hang in there. Being unemployed is tough work! Thankfully I was able to get state insurance and unemployment so as long as OH gets a job soon we will be okay for the remainder of the pregnancy as far as finances go. Hopefully all goes smoothly for you!:hugs:

So I went to my last insured prenatal today. I really didn't like my OB so I didn't mind a shakeup in that department.

When I asked the front desk lady if they had any info for people without/losing insurance and how to proceed from there, she nearly panicked. All she would do was go on about how I can't come back if I don't have insurance. Duh. So I continued to the prenatal, where my OB was unavailable and I was to be handled by a midwife. I had wanted to try a midwife but my husband was desperate for a doctor for my safety. Well this midwife was beyond awesome! Her enthusiasm was great; she complimented my weight enthusiastically (the OB never even mentioned or asked about it), she was joyous about how healthy the heartbeat was and so happy about how good I feel. And I'm losing my insurance?! Do I have plans? No? Okay, she's assigning me a care coordinator who should contact me today or Monday and start the process for finding insurance and help with applications, because this is the United States and there is no way I'm going without insurance for any length of time! That's just unacceptable! Don't bother worrying about the next appointment, she knows I'll be taken care of by then.

Well I can tell you, I'm cancelling my existing 20 week appointment and rescheduling it with this woman!

And yeah, this is the first time we heard the heartbeat :)

Sounds like she knows what she is talking about - good for you x

Midwifes are great, and they are educated and know just as much as doctors. Unless you become high risk there is no reason for a OB or a GP. Glad you had a great experience, and hope it continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->