It's driving me mad!!!!!!

divadexie

Reaction score
How on EARTH do I get my 4yo (will be 5 in june) to understand that he cannot thump around and bang while in his room???!!

His room is above our livingroom and the floors are thin so you can hear every single thump.. the wee ones I am not so bothered about but I call up to him to stop when he does constant thimping/banging - I have No idea what he is actually up to when he does it because he won't tell me.

Also we are hoping to move house, my neighbours just now are fine- but I need to get him into the habit of playing quietly in his room because who Knows what kind of neighbours we will get they might complain, also the fact that LO will sleep in my room (not all the time obv) and I can't have him thumping around waking LO up.

It just drives me SO mad. I was up in my room (ontop of his) and could hear him constanty thumping away, it was making the dog bark! So I called down that was enough and he said 'right' only to start again a minute later.

So on my way downstairs I opened his door and told him he has to stop banging, only to get down and hes at it again!!! :dohh:

So he's just doing a 4 minutes on the step.

I've tried explaining the reasons why he can't do it, but it just doesn't sink in. How do I get him to stop? I know its kids behavior to bang around etc but he gets to do that in the garden and plenty of time to bang away at toys at nursery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->