It's happening again :(

MileyMamma

Reaction score
I didn't think I would be posting here again, I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my third baby, I have 2 beautiful daughters and although I don't want to admit this I would absolutely love another little girl, I feel greedy and nasty, after all any baby is a blessing. I was completely open minded about having a boy when I found out, infact the idea of it was great but as I'm working my way through first tri and my 16 week dating scan is fast approaching I'm starting to lean towards pink again, I'm not sure if it's the idea of change that scares me or the worry that I won't have the same connection with a boy as i do my girls but it's nagging in my head.
I feel like a nasty person but can't help but feel that if it's blue I'm going to be a bit dissapointed, I have loads of pretty girls names and am so used to a world of pink and frills that the thought of a son scares me ;(
Please if you have had this and didn't get the gender you hoped for put my mind at rest, I suppose I'm looking for reassurance x

Firstly let me say you will connect. And you will love your baby whatever their gender. Maybe not immediately but that may not even be down to gender, sometimes a bond just isn't immediately formed. But the saying is Mummy's Boy and Daddy's Girl.
I wanted a girl so badly with ds4 and when he was born I fell in love instantly. I wouldn't change him for the world now. Is just like to add a girl in as well as the boys lol
There are so many positives that you could have with a boy that maybe concentrating on them would help? And you never know you could still get a girl.

Thankyou for replying, I know I will love this baby regardless of gender but honestly I would t know where to start with a boy! I'm great at dolls and pink girly stuff my poor son would be dragged in with his sisters haha! I'm feeling more open about it after talking with my partner and looking at boys clothes today was a step forward and It was quite nice seeing little blue and grey things, I think I'm hyping it up in my head more than needed, a girl would be amazing and a boy would be a change, you never know I could want another boy after! Doesn't help i keep having awful
Dreams that I have a boy and the baby hates me! Xx

I have a 5 yr okd girl and wanted a second girl this time around; but got a boy. I was disappointed as I've always identified more with girls and felt I wouldn't know what to do with a girl. Plus, it just seemed easier to have a second girl for hand me downs, clothes etc. Anyway, my boy is here now and I love him! I'm happy to have my little boy.

You learn as you go. Honestly, when they are babies, apart from the anatomy there's no difference. And as they grow and develop likes you will learn about those too and may find you even like some of those things. And you know something's you may not like it understand but it could be the same with something your girls are interested in when they are older too. And you will have dh there to guide you in all things boy as well, after all he has been a little boy himself.
You can't stop yourself from wanting what you want or feeling what you feel, but you won't ever look at him and wish he was a girl.
I was always a tom boy so know more of boy stuff and I really don't have a clue about all the girly things. But I would live to learn about them.

This will be my first, and we both wanted a boy. Low and behold we are having a little girl. We had a private scan done at 16 weeks. I cried for a few days, dh took it better than I did. Slowly I've been looking at and buying little girl things, but I secretly still hope it was just too early to see anything and will turn out to be a boy at my 20 week scan next week. Either way, we have a name picked out for her and I've been calling her by that or reffereing to it as she or her. It's getting easier to accept the fact that I will be entering the world of bows and dresses rather than baseballs and footballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->