It's pretty comical when I...

Julesillini8

2 Girls, baby #3 cookin
Reaction score
Give my toddler a bath. At 39+ wks, my baby bump is just so big and out there, there's no comfortable positioning of me next to the tub.... The crazy angles that I have to bend and maneuver to wash her and such just has to be comical! It will be nice to have my old body back, so I can function properly again!
Anyone else want to share? Think it's gotta be pretty funny seeing yourself try to do what?

For me it's getting in and out of bed...my OH just watches me and he can't help but giggle :rofl:

When I bend down to pick something up now it usually ends in me dropping to my knees and having to get on all fours and push myself back up lol x

The bathing my 19m old is the worst :). So bad that this evening it was so warm out I put both kids in swim trunks in the back yard, slathered them in soap and turned the home on them. Much easier than the bathtub, and they seem to thin it's fun! I imagine I look pretty funny doing most everything these days.

Ive been told i look funny from behind when i walk, i guess i waddle more than i thought i did!:)

Like everyone's stories. We can all use a good laugh at ourselves these days :) ( Catherine, I might have to try that with my little girl! Bath time is a joke!)

I agree, bathing our toddlers is a definite challenge! :blush:

Washing up is a mission now for me! I have to really reach into the bowl as the bump prevents me getting close to the sink lol x

Mines putting my socks on! OH has offered to start putting them on for me but while I can still do it - I'm determined! I do have to get into some pretty strange positions to be able to get them on though!

I cant eat in peace anymore.
If I sit at the table my back aches, if I sit on the sofa there is no room on my lap for the plate and I cant lean forward.
I cant sit back because then most of my dinner ends up down my top.
If I do try squeazing the plate on my lap or put a small p[late on bump then baby normaly kicks it off.
Only way I can eat is to sit on the sofa holding the plate up just under my chin with one hand and eating with the other

Everyone thinks it's hysterical when I'm trying to get up from the floor. The other day I was lying in the garden and struggled to get up while Hublet and MIL wet themselves laughing and told me I look like a upside down turtle! xx

Oh girl, you're 27 wks... Still a ways to go.. I mean grow! :)

My Hubby baths our son now for the most part...it's not so much the bump but the back ache from bending over the tub for so long. and I can't paint my toenails...so I'm going to the spa for a pedicure today...my boss for me a giant gift certificate to the spa for my birthday that should keep my toes pretty right up until I'm due! I was never really uncomfortable with DS but this little lady is laying all to one side so it puts a lot of pressure and stretching on my right side.

Everyone thinks it's hysterical when I'm trying to get up from the floor. The other day I was lying in the garden and struggled to get up while Hublet and MIL wet themselves laughing and told me I look like a upside down turtle! xx

I knelt down to pick up something from the floor and couldn't get back up either! :blush: I had to wait for my partner to come and help me up, so embarrassing! :dohh:

CatherineK you are a genius! Bathing my LO is deadly, I do find it nice though when I can just go on my knees with my chest/shoulders on the tub and let me bump hang... I think the worst is getting flipped over at night from one side to the other. By the time I've actually accomplished the whale of a feat (yep, pun absolutely intended) I'm totally out of breath!

Shave my lady parts - oh good lord thank heavens there isn't a camera in there with the ways I have to bend, twist, turn, throw up legs just to get the job done! I seriously need a nap afterwards!! :haha:

Washing up is a mission now for me! I have to really reach into the bowl as the bump prevents me getting close to the sink lol x

I'm the same! I have to bend over to reach and it kills my back.

I have to wash up in stages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"