It's stupid, but...

rwhite

Mum to Lachie and Clem
Reaction score
I am really quite put out by my friend saying multiple times that she thinks my baby will be a boy (even though she knows how badly I'd like a girl this time). Has anybody else had this? I know it's silly, but it really bugged me :wacko:

It's not silly. Can you talk to her about how you feel and ask her to please stop telling you that she thinks you'll have a boy? I'd probably be irritated too.

I felt like this when anyone said they thought my 2nd was a boy (I desperately wanted a girl) and to be honest I felt like this a bit when anyone said they thought my 1st was a boy too. It's like them saying it made it more likely to be true.

YES..... my sister says it all the time it.. I already have 3 girls and desperate for a son and my sister constantly says its another girl its a girl and im like gggrrrrrr shut up!!! and its actually put more pressure on the little bean inside me to be a boy just so I can say to her haha it is a boy lol...

I feel exactly the same. Of course my nub shot is very very boyish so they're probably right, but hearing it makes me feel sort of angered/upset nonetheless!

Yep, it's so upsetting :(

Thanks girls, so glad I'm not alone in this. If she says it again, I think I will say something to her. It feels like she's going out of her way to say it (she probably doesn't even realise, but still). And she told me her partner (who I've only ever met once....) thinks it will be a boy too. WTF? I don't care what her partner thinks :grr:

(Sorry for such a late response, my computer has been being repaired!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->