IUD and pregnancy?

KalicoKat

Reaction score
I don’t know where to put this but I’m confused

Backstory:
I had my son 6 months ago. 10 weeks pp I got an IUD placed (mirena). Two weeks after I had it placed I spotted for a month (Feb 16 to March 19), not even enough for a pad or tampon - just a pantinliner. 4 times since March I’ve had brown spotting with egg white CM (last time being last night) which I’ve only noticed once while peeing and then that’s it.

The past week I’ve been having bad headaches - put it down to weather. Then Sunday night I was extremely nauseous. I have had cramping since Saturday. My friend just found out she was pregnant so I was joking with her I had sympathy pregnancy pains with her...I ended up being by a dollarstore later that day and got two test for the hell of it just to set my mind at ease.

I tested at 7pm - and I got a faint positive. I don’t know how to post it here - but my friend saw it. I was shocked.

I tested this am and it was negative. I’m still nauseous, have a headache and cramping.

I haven’t had an IUD before this but I haven’t had any of these symptoms since getting it either.

I don’t really know what to do. Test again in a week? A few days? Not worry about it?

You will need clarification as if you are pregnant you will need the mirena removing ( I fell pregnant with mine in 2 years ago)

I’d do another test - preferably a more reliable test such as a FRER and then go from there.

I had another dollarstore test and I got another faint positive that disappeared after 5 mins (the test says not to read it after 5 mins)

I’m just going to try and ignore this and test next week with a frer

If you have an IUD and even have a faint positive you should call and schedule an appointment with your doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->