IUD Removal -any-one know?

wannabubba#4

Maybe 1More! DD+3DS <3
Reaction score
Hi everyone :hi:

Does anyone have any experience of having a copper IUD removed? :shrug:

Obviously the Mirena coli has to come out early to allow the hormone released
to get out the body 's system but what about the copper ones?

Should I have it removed a few months b4 ttc -to give endometrium a chance to heal for example. I have had this one insitu for over 7 years -will it be problematic or painful to remove after that length of time?

Any advice greatly appreciated! :thumbup:

I am due a Pap smear soon, so i can ask then, but was just wondering

:hug:

I had a copper IUD removed not to long ago and it was much less uncomfortable than having it inserted. When it was inserted I felt a distinct pinch, followed by a few hours of cramping, but when it was removed there was no pinch and no cramping! I only had mine for about 2 1/2 years, though, so I don't know if it would make a difference having had it in for seven years.

Sounds good. it was only a short time of soreness while I had my frameless one put in. I think though that there should not be much rehabilitation time. maybe a couple of days incase theres still some left overs although I dont think thats likely.

Wait a minute... I thought with Mirena as soon as you got it removed you could start trying? I didn't you know you have to wait and that's contrary to what I read in the info pamphlet and what the doctor told me. The hormones are strictly isolated to your reproductive parts, it's not like BCP where you have to wait until it gets out of your blood stream. Little to no hormones go into your bloodstream with Mirena.

I was planning on taking mine out in February at my next pap smear and then getting started TTC in March but if it's going to be longer I need to know!!

Sorry for the rant, that being said, I have no idea about the copper IUD but it makes sense that if there are no hormones in there with the copper one then you should be good to go as soon as it's removed. I'd just chat with your OB when you go in for your pap smear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"