IUI #1 December

MrsSnails

Reaction score
Hi All,

Havent posted in awhile. I am sharing my news with everyone to let yall know that I will be attempting my first IUI in December. I got my initial US/BW. US showed that I had 10+ follies on each side. My BW shows that I am normal besides the fact that I do not O on my own. So we are trying injectable medications, two IUI's, and BD per cycle. I think I will have a total of 5 U/S with the trigger shot on or near the 10th of december. Anyone care to join me as a cycle buddy?

Anyone else have the same protocol?

I go tomorrow for cd3 b/w and nov 28 for a cd15 u/s. My hubby already did his SA and it was normal. So hopefully I will start my IUI treatment with my next af. Possibly mid to late December, depends on how my body cooperates. I tend to have long cycles. I've had seven failed clomid cycles this year so I pray IUI is my ticket!

I am waiting for AF too and then will start on my first round of clomid and IUI- hopefully right at the beginning of December. I am really driving myself nuts reading online about success rates etc.

good luck ladies! i did my first IUI early this month which unfortunately was a BFN... i was pleasantly surprised for me anyway, that it did not hurt as much as some others have said. My doc told me today that it has a 30% chance of working.. I guess for me I did not get lucky this month. My next IUI should be either at the end of November beginning of December. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Hi Ladies,
I am scheduled for my first IUI in early December. I'm on 100mg clomid days 5-9. I have a blocked left tube, so I'm crossing fingers things will work.
Good luck to everyone!

Thank yall for responding! I go in tomorrow for the first US and BW. I will also be on bravelle 125 for the first few days!! I am so excited and so nervous to get this started. My IUI is planned between the 8-12th in December!!

Good luck to all you ladies as well!!

I am waiting for AF too and then will start on my first round of clomid and IUI- hopefully right at the beginning of December. I am really driving myself nuts reading online about success rates etc.

I know I too had to take a break from time to time just to give my poor mind a break!

:dust:

Hi Ladies,
I am scheduled for my first IUI in early December. I'm on 100mg clomid days 5-9. I have a blocked left tube, so I'm crossing fingers things will work.
Good luck to everyone!

So how early in December?

good luck ladies! i did my first IUI early this month which unfortunately was a BFN... i was pleasantly surprised for me anyway, that it did not hurt as much as some others have said. My doc told me today that it has a 30% chance of working.. I guess for me I did not get lucky this month. My next IUI should be either at the end of November beginning of December. Fingers crossed for all of us!

You will get it!! I have faith in us all :flowers:

Hi Ladies,
Good luck to everyone!

To give you a little bit of hope regarding the 1 blocked tube. You can still ovulate on the blocked side and your good side pick it up! It made my day when the FS told me this a week ago when I was doing my first IUI.

I had my first IUI this month and took 50mg clomid days 3-7. I had two nice size follies, 1 on my left 28mm and my blocked right side 24mm. I triggered with ovidrel on CD 13 at 1am and did the IUI 36 hours later. The re-scanned the next day to see if they collapsed and they did so I'm now 5dpo/IUI. I go 12/5 for blood hcg level. I've been testing my trigger out and line still dark!

Lots of baby dust to all of you! I think I'll do another IUI in Jan if it's not positive this month. Everything is crossed hoping it is!

Hey! I'll also be doing my first IUI with injectables in December. I have my baseline scan and E2 draw tomorrow too. We should be pretty close in timing of IUI and everything! I'll be using Follistim and Menopur.

Good luck! :hugs:

Hey! I'll also be doing my first IUI with injectables in December. I have my baseline scan and E2 draw tomorrow too. We should be pretty close in timing of IUI and everything! I'll be using Follistim and Menopur.

Good luck! :hugs:

Let me know how things go!!

Update

7 follies on the left and 12 on the right. will post my BW as I get it and my linning was at about an 8.

Thank y'all for being apart of this thread!!

:dust: to all

Good luck MrsSnails! Do you start stimming tonight?

My u/s went well and I got the go ahead to start stimming. I'll be using 150 iu of Follistim tonight, tomorrow night, and Thursday night, and my next u/s and E2 draw is Friday. I'm feeling nervous, worried, and excited about this...hopefully this will be my month!

Yes I do and I made a mistake of the meds and will be on the same thing as you. I am nervous about taking the shots myself. I am so nervous that i might waste some. I am so happy that I have someone that is on the exact same cycle as I! Hopefully we will get our bumps!

Sorry, lots of corrections I am on Follistim 125 and Ganirelix plus the Ovridal and the Suppositories. So many meds!!

It's awesome to be on the same schedule as somebody else- we can go through this together and compare notes and everything! :hugs:

Don't worry about the shots- they are really not that bad at all! I did injections last month as well (but my cycle was canceled due to poor response and I didn't ovulate), and I found that the worst part of the whole thing was the anticipation. The medicine stung a bit going in, but I barely felt the needle at all. If you have the Follistim pen, I believe the needles are even smaller and thinner than what I used (I was on Bravelle last month).

It's crazy the amount of meds that go into these cycles! I'm not using Ganirelix or suppositories, but I do have an HCG trigger.

When is your next u/s?

Hopefully we will both get our BFPs at the end of this cycle! Lots of :hugs: and :dust:!

Next US/BW is friday. I just finished watching the instructional video and now i am nervous about wasting the Meds!!!

I have to give it to myself between 6-9 each night, Should i do the same time each night or just follow the instructions of between 6-9

And yes I am hoping for a BFP for the both of us. Thank goodness I had a few months off due to the Dr's researching my infertility cause. I am still unexplained. I dont have the numbers for PCOS. I just simply dont ovulate.

The cartridges are overfilled if that helps make you less nervous about wasting the meds. The nurse told me today that you can get the overfill out with another syringe and that can be used. I just did my first injection and when I primed it, I had a few drops come out instead of just one little drop like the instructions say, haha. It hurt even less than the Bravelle did last month, and the needle is soooo tiny! I didn't feel a thing!

What I'm doing as far as timing is picking a time (I did it about 7:30) and I'll do my injection every night around that same time, give or take a few minutes. I think a little bit of variation in time shouldn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->