IUI and Femara

calinina

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm on my 4th IUI cycle this month, and switching from clomid to femara. I actually got pregnant using clomid 100mg on my 2nd iui cycle, but that was a chemical pregnancy :(. My doctor told me I should give femara a try, so that's what I'll be doing this month. Do any of you ladies have success stories from using femara??
Praying this cycle works out!

Hi there! I'm not doing iui, but this thread is full of ladies that are. :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/2272729-clomid-femara-iui-support-78.html

Thanks Holly. Are you doing femara?

Hi there! I'm not doing iui, but this thread is full of ladies that are. :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/2272729-clomid-femara-iui-support-78.html

I just finished my sixth round of it and will be going to ivf this month. Not quite sure what medicines I'll be on for that one yet.

Thanks for the response. Ugh this fertility journey can be so exhausting.
Why did you choose not to do IUI?

I just finished my sixth round of it and will be going to ivf this month. Not quite sure what medicines I'll be on for that one yet.

It's definitely a draining journey. I'm so ready for it to be over!

My husband is just right on the bubble of normal with his morphology so the re said that doing an iui would only give us a 7-15% success rate but ivf would be closer to 60%. We figured we might as well try it while we still have amazing insurance. $0 deductible and $20k lifetime l limit for fertility treatments.

Wow, you have incredible insurance, best of luck to you! :)

Yeah, we pay out the wazoo for it but it's definitely been worth it. Best of luck to you as well! I hope this is your cycle.

What insurance do you have?
I work for the government and I think open season to switch insurance plans is in November, I may have to look into getting new insurance. I'm currently with Fed Blue Cross Blue Shield, which covers diagnostic blood & ultrasound tests, but not IUI or IVF.

I've got United Healthcare. I'm not sure if they label the plans differently based on the company getting them but I'm on the platinum plan. If you'd like to see the coverage I have a pdf that I can send you. It's 9 pages but I think it covers everything.

No need to send the coverage, I'll see if my job offers this insurance plan. Thanks for all of the information :)

Hi, I'm also on iui #4! I switched from femara to clomid this cycle! What dpiui are you on? I'm on 8dpiui.

Hi, I'm also on iui #4! I switched from femara to clomid this cycle! What dpiui are you on? I'm on 8dpiui.

Hi Sassy, I'm only on CD4 right now. I hope this cycle works out for you. Are you unexplained or have PCOS? Why did you choose to switch from femara to clomid?
:dust:

Hi Calinina, I am somewhere between unexplained and male factor. His forward progression (2), and strict morphology (2%) are not optimal.
I used femara for four consecutive cycles (3 iui, 1 natural) and only got one mature follicle each time (bfn each time). Three years ago, I had two follicles (and got pregnant, my baby is now 2) with Serophene, so I insisted that we try it after femara didn't work out. I was right... I got two mature follicles this cycle (doc prescribed Clomid).. One in each ovary. My doctor wants me to go to injectables next, but I don't understand why I should if I can get two follicles with something less invasive.

Did you have a day 3 scan? Was your antral follicle count good?

Totally understand..I responded well to Clomid as well, usually 2-3 follicles and got a bfp one of those times but unfortunately it was a chemical. I was actually worried about not producing enough follicles with femara but we'll see what happens. Ya my CD2 scan was great, 17 on 1 side, 11 on the other. My Dr actually started me on femara CD 2-7 hoping that starting earlier would produce more follicles. We'll see what happens. Praying that it works out for the both of us this cycle!

Totally understand..I responded well to Clomid as well, usually 2-3 follicles and got a bfp one of those times but unfortunately it was a chemical. I was actually worried about not producing enough follicles with femara but we'll see what happens. Ya my CD2 scan was great, 17 on 1 side, 11 on the other. My Dr actually started me on femara CD 2-7 hoping that starting earlier would produce more follicles. We'll see what happens. Praying that it works out for the both of us this cycle!

Wow 28 in total! Lucky you. I seem to start every cycle with 10 on each side.

Will you be doing a double iui? I did two iuis per cycle.

Do you know what your follicle size usually is at ovulation? With femara I was always 2.4-2.5. This cycle with clomid I was 1.8 and 2.3.

I never asked my doctor what an ideal size is though.

Chemical pregnancy must have been hard to go through. Sorry to hear.

When is your next monitoring appointment?

No I usually do a single IUI, I've never done a back to back IUI. With Clomid my follicle sizes were usually between 16-20. I think an ideal size is greater or equal to 18. My next ultrasound will be on Tuesday, I'm hoping I have mature follicles!

I did an IUI with Femara and got pregnant the first try! In our case DH's morphology, motility, and concentration were all poor (to the point where they asked if I even wanted to through with the IUI), but it worked for us. My follicles were around 20-25mm when they triggered. I took 1 mg of HCG for the trigger and then .5mg on days 3 and 6 after the procedure. Just thought you might like to hear a success story (so far).

I did an IUI with Femara and got pregnant the first try! In our case DH's morphology, motility, and concentration were all poor (to the point where they asked if I even wanted to through with the IUI), but it worked for us. My follicles were around 20-25mm when they triggered. I took 1 mg of HCG for the trigger and then .5mg on days 3 and 6 after the procedure. Just thought you might like to hear a success story (so far).

Thanks so much for the success story and congrats to you!!
Reading success stories makes me feel hopeful! What mg of femara were you taking and on what cycle days? I'm praying you have a healthy pregnancy. Enjoy this time :)

I just survived 10dpiui. I decided not to test this morning, but I think I might tomorrow (Sunday) morning. If it's negative, I will ignore it, because obviously it's too early.. If it's positive, I will have more time to be happy. I solemnly promise myself not to be upset if it is negative.

I saw my doc this morning and he still recommend trying injectables, but is ok with me sticking with clomid for another few cycles. I might try clomid + timed intercourse next if this cycle doesnt work out.. This is what worked three years ago for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->