IUI and Femara

7dpo today. Still not feeling a thing.....maybe ovaries a bit but that's IT

12dpo was tinking to test today since its 14 days post trigger. last night I was really dizzy with a bad headache not sure if that's a sign of pms , but im glad its closer to testing time, will keep you posted I don't want to jinx myself

Yayyy!! Good luck! Let us know!! Excited for you!!!

I got a faint on the blue dye and I can't see anything on the cartridge one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5
You can see it even better when up at the light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3
I can totally see it!! Yayyy! How many dpo are you? Have you tested before today? That's soooo exciting! I'm 10dpo and got a bfn. I'm feeling out already.

Hey ladies, I hope it's ok that I join the conversation. I figured you guys could help me out. Me and DH have been TTC#2 for almost 4 years now, our insurance doesn't cover infertility at all so we haven't been able to get any iui or ivf treatments, we just can't afford it. But I have been having fertility issues since 2011 when I had to have my Mirena surgically removed due to migration. It didn't imbed or perforate anything "thank god' but I did have outpatient surgery done and they emptied out the contents of my uterus. I never had a period for the 4 1/2 years I was on it, which is normal. Well my obgyn did an ultra sound on me because I had an abnormal pap smear and he said the walls of my uterus was a little scarred from the scraping they did when they cleared me out. I'm also have annovulatory cycles a lot now too and the obgyn thinks I will benefit from clomid. He wants to start me on 50mg. The issue I'm having is I will be taking it cometely unmonitored because I can't afford monitoring. I guess my question is, should I be worried about taking clomid unmonitored? I am so afraid of overstimulating and ending up in the Hospital. I heard femara is a better choice when being unmonitored. What do you ladies think? DS just turned 8 and we conceived him naturally after a year and a half. These fertility issues only came about after the Mirena removal, I'm just so heartbroken. I really want DS to have a brother or a sister but sadly fertility treatments are out of the budget. Femara and clomid unmonitored with TI are our only option. We are also starting DH on fertilaid, count boost and motility boost supplements. I will also be taking ovaboost and fertile CM supplements and tracking O with opk's and temps. Also using preseed and softcups. Any advice would be appreciated.

Loveme- So sorry af showed up :-( Do you think it might have been a chemical with how the tests were? Did you take a trigger shot? I'm going to be right there with you soon. 11dpo for me and bfn. Big hugs to you! I know I need some today :-(

Youngmommy-You could always try it unmonitored and see if you o. Just use opks and see how it goes. I have to have an ovidrel shot so I have to be monitored because I have Pcos and my eggs won't drop. You seem to not have that issue so I'd say you have a good chance. I wouldn't worry about over stimming too much. It's very rare to overstim on oral meds. That's usually injectables and stuff like that. Hope your cycle goes well.

@Brandy thank you, yes I took trigger but tested it out. Im not sure if it was a chemical AF is always on time and that is exactly when it should have come.

@youngmommy I would advise Femara over clomid any day based off the side effects alone. I produce 1 to 2 follies each cycle on femara. I would say if you are going to be unmonitored you can monitor ovulation with OPk's and see how that works, good luck to you.

AFM CD3 will be going for scan tomorrow, hopefully my cyst is gone if not im skipping a cycle if is too big. me and DH decided we would try one more iui since its free for us, then if no success we will just move to IVF. My due date is reaching I was hoping to be at least pregnant again before then. :cry:

I hear you, Loveme. My goal was Oct. Today is 12dpo and had faint bfps but I've had them before and they turn into nothing so not holding breathe that's for sure. Have you ever thought about trying injectables before IVF? We're doing a hybrid cycle next cycle. It's Femara combines with injectables. Just an idea though. We're leaning toward IVF later in 2016 if nothing works. So disappointing sometimes. ESP when your follicles are good and you time bd just right. What the heck? Well keep your chin up! I'm sure I'll be cd3 before I know it....sigh

That's a good sign, every cycle is different I'm hoping this is it for you, keep the faith and think positive. Unfortunately the medication is not covered so I'm not sure how much injections would be even if it was just for two days I'm sure it would make a difference. I spoke with my nurse today we are going to see how my cyst is doing and then discuss a plan

I called and got my quote for ivf decided to use ARC two cycles for the price of one and pay monthly if possible. I just feel like if iui is covered I'll keep doing it until I'm financially ready for ivf

@Brandy have you re tested yet, I hope your BFP was the real thing :hugs:

AFM CD5 scan and my prayers worked, my cyst is gone. I feel so much better I felt there was no progress but I guess it takes patients. I will be starting my Femara 5mg tonight and most likely iui next week/end.

Well I'm out. Tested today at 15dpo and its bfn. I'm stopping my progesterone today and excited to start a new cycle! Yayyyy for your cyst being gone! That's exciting news you can move on and look forward to a new cycle without worrying anymore!!! You're lucky you get to do IUI so soon! Fx for you! We're doing the hybrid cycle so I REALLY am praying I don't over stim this cycle but really need to start getting more than one follicle! Let me know how your scan goes!!!!

I'm so sorry brandy, I hope this cycle will get u just enough follies, just like you I only get 1 most of the time but I'm done with iui after this one 6 is too much for me

I was an active participant on this thread ages ago and I'm just starting to get back into things again. DH and I have saved up for 4 or 5 IUIs using letrozole and a trigger shot. Just waiting for the next cycle to start to kick things off and since I'm ovulating now, I'm estimating that were two weeks out. Can't wait!! It's good to be back and I'm looking forward to following along with you ladies on your journey as well!

Thanks Loveme! How are you doing?!!! Tonight's my last night of clomid and then just doing the shots until my scan Friday. I haven't been feeling my going on like I usually do with Femara so it'll def be interesting what the scan shows. Hope you're getting along well!!!

Welcome back mkwalsh!!!! Glad you're back and ready to go!!! :)

I'm doing ok , not great tho I had a little break down today. It happens once in a while when I think of how far along I would have been by now. I'm 2dpiui feel nothing but a little sharp pains on my left side ( where my follies were) but blah I don't know what to think anymore. What do you do when your so use to bad results right, I just have to be patient.

I hope your scan goes well Friday, what injections are you taking, where they expensive?

Sorry about the breakdown Loveme. It gets hard sometimes and there's nothing you can do but have a good cry. I think the second half of the cycle is always emotionally harder anyways. I know the feeling of always getting bad results. Hang in there! You're def not alone!!!

I'm doing 100ius of Gonal F. I think it's about $100 for 100ius so it costs me like $800 until I go back for the scan. The scans are what get me though. I had to spent $300 on a baseline u/s!!! Just for them to tell me I don't have any cysts, how many antrafollicles (so?) I have and then to tell me I can start my injections. Geez la weeze!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->