..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

Happy belated birthday, Lucinda! :) hope you had an awesome day!
How's everything with you?

Missy, good luck with this New cycle! Have you ever done a complete blood check (fsh, progesterone, prolactin etc?)before? If not, then I guess they'll check your ovarian reserve / hormones on cd3.

AFM, my cheek is still swollen. Hope that'll go back to normal soon. :/
Other than that there's nothing new. Just waiting for AF so that I can go for that other blood test on cd3. I have no idea when to expect AF. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on cd9 or cd10 which is very early for me. So, I guess that'll shorten my cycle but I'm not sure to what extent. We'll see.

How are you ladies doing? :)

Last night the weirdest thing happened to me.
My dh usually stays up until early in the morning and watches NBA videos on his notebook (in bed).
I was sleeping beside him when suddenly I kind of felt that something was on my face. And for some reason I immediately thought It's a spider (i hate spiders). So, within split seconds I jumped and landed on all four and I swear I saw this disgusting big black spider with red stripes on it's legs fall on the bed. So I grabbed the towel (our room isn't dark enough at night so I usually put a cloth or towel on my eyes so I can sleep) and started to frantically hit the bed with the towel thinking I'm hitting the spider. And then suddenly I was like.. what the heck am I doing? Then I slowly lifted the towel and there was nothing. Haha.
My dh was totally in shock and didn't know what the heck was going on. Lol. It was so weird. I really could have sworn that there really was a spider. I must have been in some kind of weird in-between state of dreaming and being awake. Lol.
Anyway, I checked google just to make sure that such spiders don't exist. Haha.

Thanks for the birthday wishes..DH took me put for dinner. Also a couple of days before my bday I went out with an old friend and I really should not have drank because I was soooo sick. Anywho still stimming on my end....

Happy Very Belated Birthday!!

So I had a follow-up with my dr. and double checked what they've been doing to me. When I go for day 3 check in they check my ovaries with an internal ultrasound and a bloodtest to ensure Im not pregnant. Thats when I starrt my clomid. I go back day 12 where they check on the follicle size and do bloodwork to see when my LH starts to go up. I go back every 2 days until they think Im ready to take the trigger and go back for iui 36 hours later.
We also had a conversation about the next steps...my insurance covered 3 iuis. We are opting to go ivf if this cycle doesnt work. It seems a little more complicated but it also looks like the odds of becoming pregnant are way higher.
So thats whats been rattling around in my head. Im hoping that since we've had all these conversations, I will just test preggo this cycle!

Thanks for listening!!

Missy thanks for the belated wishes. I hope that this cycle is it for you but if not I do agree that IVF increases your chances!!!!

Lucinda, I'm glad you had a great time on your birthday. :)

How's your body reacting to the stims?

Missy, I hope you'll get your BFP this time! Fingers crossed!

AFM, AF showed today. So, I'll go in for another blood test tomorrow (CD2) to test my FSH level and some other stuff (i forgot).
This has been the shortest cycle ever (25 days) but I kinda expected it to be shorter since I ovulated so early.:/

Oculi I told you about the cycle being short...at least yours was 25 and not like me 20 days.
Sorry I've been MIA but I had retrieval and have been recooperating.

Lucinda, how exciting! How did the retrieval go? :) are you ok?

Yeah, I expected it to be shorter than usual. ;) I went for the second blood test a few days ago. I called the clinic up and asked them to send me a copy of the lab results. I don't think I can wait until mid next month. Plus, if there's something wrong at least I can mentally prepare myself and ask the right questions when we see the doc next month.

Thanks Oculi. Good luck to you this cycle. I suppose the one good thing about AF coming early is that you can get started on the next cycle quicker? :)

Lucinda -- Hope you're feeling ok. How was the retrieval? How long is the recovery period? How many did they get? So excxiting!!

I had my day 12 bloodwork done and I go back tomorrow morning for another check-in. Hopefully we get the ok for the iui on Friday. They had seen 3 follicles growing good, so I have high hopes :) And thank goodness I didnt have to go in today bc I have a snow day from school and it was messy this morning. Im happy I didnt have to drive in it! Thankfully its getting better out there already :)

Oculi that sounds like a good plan...i wouldn't want to wait that long either.
AFM i did mini ivf and by the time of retrieval they only got 3 gets eggs....im awaiting final fertilization at the moment. As far as the procedure i just had Valium and it was like the HSG(i think that was the name of that uncomfortable exam to see if your tubes are open). I felt cramping bloating 2 days pre-retrival and about another 3 days after. So now I'm fine :0

Lucinda, how's everything with you?
What is mini IVF??

AFM.. today I finally received the blood test results that I requested.
I haven't had time yet to check if everything's within the normal range but anyway.. here are the numbers for cd3:
FSH 6.5
LH 3.33
Prolactin 12.15
Hb 13.6

Cd22:
Progesterone 48.9

Any idea if that's ok or not??

I'm waiting for AF so that I can prepare for FET; I only have 2 frozen embies. I'm horrible at comprehending those numbers....sorry I can't be of any assistance.

I wish I understood what any of those numbers meant. When I get mine, the rattle them off so fast and usually end with something like "and thats what we want to see" so I sorta stop listening. I should probably ask, but neve think of any questions until after I hang out..

On another note, I just need to vent:

I found out today another friend (who is coming for Easter tomorrow) is pregnant. And I feel like AF is going to be here any minute. I almost want to cancel, but that would be rude. I'm actually a little worried that I may just start crying in the middle of dinner. Argh!

End of rant.

I hope you both have and wonderful Easter :)

Lucinda, I hope AF shows soon. And 2 is a good number, right? I thought that's the max number they'll implant anyway? I'll cross my fingers for you. Who knows, maybe you'll end up with twins. :D

Missy, I can completely understand your emotions. One friend of mine after the other is getting pregnant. Soon I'll be the only one left behind. :( and the worst is when they keep on asking when It's our turn to have a baby!!! Aaaaarghh!!

Anyways.. I just noticed that the blood works results are incomplete. They didn't send me the result of my AMH levels. :/
I tried to figure out what these numbers mean but gave up coz different websites say different things. I guess everything's ok except that my lh:fsh ratio is a bit off. Then again I read that Clomid can have an effect on your fsh levels even months after you stopped taking it. So, I'll see what my AMH level and u/s say. :shrug:

Sorry didnt see question about mini ivf; it's an ivf cycle where they use less meds than usual. So I'm on day 18 post retrieval and no AF wtf!

Wohoo! So, how soon can you go for the embryo transfer?

Lucinda, sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear when you can do the transfer. Best of luck.

I think I'll ask about mini ivf. AF Also showed for me yesterday, so tomorrow we figure out the next steps towards ivf.

Oculi, thanks for the thoughts. Easter wound up not being too bad. I think she has some idea what I'm going through.

Did you have a nice holiday?

Missy, dh and I have decided to go for IVF as well. We just don't want to waste any more time with IUIs knowing that our chances
aren't very good.
We have an appointment on the 16th where I believe they'll do an antral follicle count and then we'll discuss the results of my bw and u/s.
If they give us the green light for IVF then we'll go for it right away. So, I really can't wait for the 16th. I just want to move on so badly. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->