..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

oculi,
i already tossed the info that came with the clomid.
i'm pretty sure it was 100 though.

i had my scan today. one follicle ready to go.
trigger shot tomorrow. iui wednesday.

here we go...

:dust:to all!

Vkj, yay! That's great news! Good luck! :D let us know how everything went.

Lucinda, I see. I think mine is open 7 days a week for certain procedures as well.

I just got back from the clinic. Spent the entire morning there.
First they did an u/s then I got the meds and then they finally showed me how to do the injections.
Will have to inject cetrotide 0.25 for 5 days and on Saturday I gotta switch to to puregon 150 for 3 days, then another u/s on Tuesday with further instructions to follow.

Vkj, yay! That's great news! Good luck! :D let us know how everything went.

Lucinda, I see. I think mine is open 7 days a week for certain procedures as well.

I just got back from the clinic. Spent the entire morning there.
First they did an u/s then I got the meds and then they finally showed me how to do the injections.
Will have to inject cetrotide 0.25 for 5 days and on Saturday I gotta switch to to puregon 150 for 3 days, then another u/s on Tuesday with further instructions to follow.

Yey for geting started!!!! Injections are a breeze after the first day n everything goes by fast after that. Also the ultrasounds are exciting bc u get to see how ur moving along!

Lucinda, yes, I'm really excited that I finally got started. I don't know what exactly the u/s was for though. I know they checked for cysts but apparently they also measured the uterine lining (seems a bit weird to do that on cd2) and she made a note that said that there are small follicles on both sides (which is to be expected on cd2, too, right?).
They also gave my dh some antibiotics which he will have to start taking the same day I start the actual stims (sat).

Yes sounds all normal...they check to see that you are good to start and that there isn't anything that might jepordize results...sounds like you have the green light!!!! DH also had to take antibiotics the day I started my stims!

Yeah, I figured there must me a reason for all of this but I just fail to see the connection between the importance of the uterine lining on cd2 (which is the old lining that I'm sheading) and the IVF cycle. Or does that tell them something about the expected thickness of the lining in the new cycle? Hmm.. I don't know. Anyway, I guess It's not that important. All that matters is that everything's ok and that I can proceed with the IVF.

How's everything with you? Are you nervous abt tomorrow?

Yes they keep measuring the lining because it needs to be a certain thickness before transfer...so they look at it in the beginning to see if its progressing normally. I am not nervous bout tom but know that I'm going to he anxiously waiting for the phone call tom. They will call me tom morning to tell me what time to go in the afternoon.

Lucinda -- Good Luck tomorrow! Hope it all goes smoothly!!

Oculi -- sounds very normal, though I didnt take any of your meds. Also, dh didn't take any antibiotics...hmmm....

Lucinda, good luck for your ET. :)

Missy, I think cetrotide is something like Lupron and puregon is the stimming med. I've heard of puregon before but didn't know abt cetrotide either.
I thought It's normal for the hubbies to take antibiotics. But maybe it depends on the protocol.

All went well and I transferred 2 embies....blood test is next Thurs....also have to go in this Thurs to measure progesterone levels. I even got a pic of my embies hehe

Congrats! Isn't the picture great?

Im a little jealous, I still have a week to wait for my test...they won't take it any earlier than 2 weeks.

Congrats! Isn't the picture great?

Im a little jealous, I still have a week to wait for my test...they won't take it any earlier than 2 weeks.

The pic is great.....i still can't believe that i made it to this point! Yes my test is in another week 5/23 to be exact but i know myself and i will POAS!!!

I've somehow always resisted POAS since starting fertility treatments. Dont know why, but haven't.

And I convinced my clinic to push up my test date to Saturday. :) But I really feel like AF is coming any minute :/

VKJ -- how are you doing?

Oculi -- How are the injections going?

VKJ -- how are you doing?

Oculi -- How are the injections going?

thanks for checking in:hugs:

had my iui today.

i felt good about it, but then again, i felt good about the past one,
and our "natural" methods before that.

i've been looking for signs for so long now (i.e. lucky numbers) i don't what to think.

good luck to you and all:dust:

Lucinda, yay! I'm glad to hear everything went well! :)

Hope to hear good news from you and missy soon! :D

Vkj, how were dh's numbers? Also,are you taking any progesterone?
When are you testing? Hope to hear good news from you, too.:)

AFM there's nothing new. Still have one more cetrotide injection before starting the stims on Sat.
Funny thing is that the first injection (the one the nurse gave me) hurt for 2 days. There was no visible bruise but it felt like there was one that stretched all the way to my waist. None of the subsequent injections hurt in any way though. So, don't know what the nurse did. :/

Oculi I'm glad the injections ur giving yourself are going much smoother n yey for starting stim meds soon!!!!

oculi,
12.9mil after the wash.

they said 5-10 mil was good.

fingers crossed

:hugs:

Vkj, wow! That's a great number! :) hope you get your BFP this time!

AFM, I started the Puregon today. Gonna inject that for 2 more days and then on Tuesday morning I gotta go in for an u/s and b/w to see how my body is reacting to the meds. :)

How's everything with you ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"