..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

did any one of you girls suffer from thinning of the lining?
i went in for my back-to-back IUI & my lining ranged between 6.5 & 8mm which my doctor says is not good & I won't be doing clomid again.
I still did both IUI's but I didn't actually know about the lining issue until the second IUI...the first IUI was a different doctor. Not my own doctor...& she didn't say a word about my lining being a problem & we did the IUI. The second IUI (my personal RE) said that it wasn't optimal & basically said 'come back pregnant & prove me wrong'.

My lining the day before 1st IUI was 8mm so I understand why they decided to trigger. ...but then by 1st IUI it went down to around 6.5mm & by the second IUI I was back up to 9mm b/c of the Ovidrel. And she said they go based on results before the Ovidrel...it wasn't explained why.

Good morning gals. Kmgurule I'm sorry about your bfn but you're right there may be hope still. Hang in there. For me it always helped to talk to the dr about next steps so I could look forward instead of dwelling on the bfn.

Barb I haven't had thin lining on clomid I heard a lot of times that happens if you use clomid several cycles in a row so it's weird it happened on your first. Does your dr want to do letrezol or another drug instead next time? I'm sure there's still hope or else they wouldn't have done the iui... Good luck to you!

I go in for my monitoring tomorrow CD10. Hoping for some nice follies and that the iui will be Sunday or Monday!

Congrats Lucinda! How exciting! When do you go for your beta?

kmgrule -- so sorry! I certainly know how that feels...It just sucks. If it is true, whats you next step? But hopefully you will get a surprise!

Strawberry -- good luck!

Barbikin -- Sorry I have no lining info.

Tomorrow morning at 8am I have retrieval :) I hate missing work for this, but I love that I have a 3 day weekend

did any one of you girls suffer from thinning of the lining?
i went in for my back-to-back IUI & my lining ranged between 6.5 & 8mm which my doctor says is not good & I won't be doing clomid again.
I still did both IUI's but I didn't actually know about the lining issue until the second IUI...the first IUI was a different doctor. Not my own doctor...& she didn't say a word about my lining being a problem & we did the IUI. The second IUI (my personal RE) said that it wasn't optimal & basically said 'come back pregnant & prove me wrong'.

My lining the day before 1st IUI was 8mm so I understand why they decided to trigger. ...but then by 1st IUI it went down to around 6.5mm & by the second IUI I was back up to 9mm b/c of the Ovidrel. And she said they go based on results before the Ovidrel...it wasn't explained why.

Heya, yeah my lining thinned with the clomid. My lining went to 5mm the last IUI (second month in a row with clomid) and that is not good for implantation! my dr didnt seem concerned. I did try to thicken my lining with use of 1 x baby asprin, clova tea, raspberry leaf tea...yeah dont think any of it worked.

Missy545 Thank you It really is hard but I tested again today 12dpiui and still a negative so im pretty sure im out for my first IUI. I dont know what to do next if I should keep wasting the money on IUIs or if I should just begin to save for IVF maybe we will give it one more shot then move on I just dont know ...

Good luck on the retrieval that is so exciting!!!

Kmgurule sorry again :( I would talk to ur dr about ivf vs iui. One thing my dr had said to me today was that 3-4 iuis is equivalent to 1 ivf in terms of your chances. So puts it in perspective.

Missy how did it go today?? You feeling ok?

AFM I had one large Follie and 2 smaller ones that they're hoping mature by Sunday so likely trigger Sunday night and Tuesday iui if I don't surge before then.

Kmgurule sorry again :( I would talk to ur dr about ivf vs iui. One thing my dr had said to me today was that 3-4 iuis is equivalent to 1 ivf in terms of your chances. So puts it in perspective.

AFM I had one large Follie and 2 smaller ones that they're hoping mature by Sunday so likely trigger Sunday night and Tuesday iui if I don't surge before then.

It went very well and Im feeling great. 16 eggs retrieved...will know the status tomorrow. Last time I alraedy had a phone call by now telling me about problems. so Im assuming no phone call is good :)

Good luck with the iui!

gave me a little glimmer of hope:hugs:

thanks!

Im 27 , been married for 4 yrs now , have been ttc for 2 yrs . After an unsuccessful first yr went to the doctor and got ourselves checked .

Both our tests are normal -- labelled unexplained infertility . Had a chemical in december . Now on my 3rd iui ...

Im on cd 9 of third iui with clomid ..

Im wondering if iui will even work .. Should i just move onto ivf ?? So confused and depressed :cry::cry:

Hey all! Hope you had a good weekend!

kmgrule -- how are you doing?

strawberry -- did you have your iui yet?

Lucinda -- Did you go for your beta yet???

Samsungwer -- my RE told me that the odds of iui working drop after 3. I had 3, then went to ivf. During my first ivf cycle everything went well until they tried to fertilize the eggs. Turns out our sperm/egg were not attracted to each other and we only had 1/9 fertilize (3 more with a rescue icsi). None grew that well, 1 was transfered on day2 and resulted in bfn. All of that sucked, but at least we sort of had a reason for what wasnt working.

This time they got 16 eggs (14 mature), and went straight to icsi. day 1 12 were looking good, today only 6, and who knows for tomorrow. So the truth is, who knows! I've had friends who have gotten pregnant with iui and a day 2 transfer, but neither worked for me.

I wish there were better answers for what we are going through and how to make it better, but there aren't :(

short answer, do what you feel is best for you and best of luck! Keep us updated!

Kmgurule, I'm so sorry! :hugs:

Strawberry, sounds good! Did you trigger yet?

Samsungwer, I'm sorry you're going through this. We all know how you feel. Dh and I went through 3 IUIs before we moved on to IVF. Dh's SAs for all 3 IUIs was pretty bad though. They even wanted to cancel our 2nd IUI due to the very low number and poor quality of that sample. So, I think if your dh's SA is good it's worth giving it a few more tries. Best of luck! :D

Missy, I'm glad ER went well! Lots and lots of baby dust for you! :D

Lucinda, how are you?

Hey all! Hope you had a good weekend!

kmgrule -- how are you doing?

strawberry -- did you have your iui yet?

Lucinda -- Did you go for your beta yet???

Samsungwer -- my RE told me that the odds of iui working drop after 3. I had 3, then went to ivf. During my first ivf cycle everything went well until they tried to fertilize the eggs. Turns out our sperm/egg were not attracted to each other and we only had 1/9 fertilize (3 more with a rescue icsi). None grew that well, 1 was transfered on day2 and resulted in bfn. All of that sucked, but at least we sort of had a reason for what wasnt working.

This time they got 16 eggs (14 mature), and went straight to icsi. day 1 12 were looking good, today only 6, and who knows for tomorrow. So the truth is, who knows! I've had friends who have gotten pregnant with iui and a day 2 transfer, but neither worked for me.

I wish there were better answers for what we are going through and how to make it better, but there aren't :(

short answer, do what you feel is best for you and best of luck! Keep us updated!

Your right .. There is no right or wrong answer in this is suppose .. But i feel miles better since coming on this forum and knowng there are other people who can support me through this ..
My RE wNts to do 3 more .. Besides the two ive already had .. So im kinda losing patience ..
Hopefully ill see some answer in the near future .

I wish you best of luck with icsi this time .. Im sure ull have a bfp ! :hugs:

?

Samsungwer, I'm sorry you're going through this. We all know how you feel. Dh and I went through 3 IUIs before we moved on to IVF. Dh's SAs for all 3 IUIs was pretty bad though. They even wanted to cancel our 2nd IUI due to the very low number and poor quality of that sample. So, I think if your dh's SA is good it's worth giving it a few more tries. Best of luck! :D

Thanks oculi83 . Yeah i guess all i need is loads of patience !
My dh counts were good both times . My doc never had a problem with it . So i guess ill have to stick to three more iuis .lets see ..

Congrats on ur bfp ! H&H 9months to both of u !:hugs:

Hi girls. Missy glad to hear your collection went well. Are you doing a 3 or 5 day transfer? Fingers and ties crossed for you!!

Samaungwer sorry you're feeling down and impatient. I agree with the other girls it totally depends on what your dr recommends.
I also have told the girls on here... I was diagnosed as "unexplained" with my last dr and got very frustrated after 2 iuis didn't work. So I went to another doc that does a lot more testing and monitoring who determined it was actually my husband that was the probable cause, even though his counts were fine and he was technically normal. So if you're up for it a second opinion may be worth it!

AFM I surged yesterday so doc told me not to take the trigger shot. Gonna do one iui today and possibly another tomorrow if the follicles haven't all burst today.

Thank you ladies for all the support well I got the dreaded witch today so my first IUI was a bust I just went off a postive LH surge Im thinking we did it too early. So now I think were going to give it one more shot with IUI and maybe see if we can do it a little more controlled this time and if this doesnt work were on to IVF this is just so hard.. :cry:

Congrats to all you who got your BFP and to those moving along the IVF cycle lots of baby dust to you!!!!

Hi girls. Missy glad to hear your collection went well. Are you doing a 3 or 5 day transfer? Fingers and ties crossed for you!!

Samaungwer sorry you're feeling down and impatient. I agree with the other girls it totally depends on what your dr recommends.
I also have told the girls on here... I was diagnosed as "unexplained" with my last dr and got very frustrated after 2 iuis didn't work. So I went to another doc that does a lot more testing and monitoring who determined it was actually my husband that was the probable cause, even though his counts were fine and he was technically normal. So if you're up for it a second opinion may be worth it!

AFM I surged yesterday so doc told me not to take the trigger shot. Gonna do one iui today and possibly another tomorrow if the follicles haven't all burst today.

So if ur DH counts were fine and he was technically normal , What problem was there and how was it diagnosed may i ask ?? Bcoz even my dh sa was normal ..

I think that all drs have different definitions of "normal". For my DH, his strict kruger morphology was 5%, technically 4% is normal so our first dr said that was fine but our new dr said he sees more success when it's more like 10%. Also his forward progression was 2.5 out of 4 which is also considered normal but the new dr said it should ideally be 3. So all a matter of the standards your doctor has. Not suggesting at all that it is your hubby's problem, just that for me it was worth having another dr run a few more tests on both of us and seeing what they think before they say its def unexplained. A lot of small problems can be taken care of easily!

I think that all drs have different definitions of "normal". For my DH, his strict kruger morphology was 5%, technically 4% is normal so our first dr said that was fine but our new dr said he sees more success when it's more like 10%. Also his forward progression was 2.5 out of 4 which is also considered normal but the new dr said it should ideally be 3. So all a matter of the standards your doctor has. Not suggesting at all that it is your hubby's problem, just that for me it was worth having another dr run a few more tests on both of us and seeing what they think before they say its def unexplained. A lot of small problems can be taken care of easily!

Oh ok .. I kinda like this RE , i wish my body would just show us all what the problem is so that we could solve it .instead of hiding inside somewhere :( anyway thanks a lot for letting me know few more tests could probably give answers .. Will surely try to push my RE for them..

Day 5! :) I hate that I didnt know until 930 yesterday, but Im happy.

Good luck with your iui!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->