IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Touch the Sky

Proud new momma
Reaction score
*** UPDATE: this thread is for anyone doing IUI or IVF in August, September, and October! :) ***

For anyone doing IUI's in August.. here's your thread :)

Today I am CD1 and on my 4th cycle of IUI. Menopur, trigger, and endometrin are my meds of choice this cycle. Here's to hoping!

Hi TTS! I'm coming up on my second iui soon also. It'll either be next week or the week after, depending on how I respond to the treatment. I'm responding really slow this round so hopefully my doctor doesn't cancel it all together.

Took my last birth control pill on Tuesday and still no AF. Grrrr, last time it only took 1 day. I don't feel any cramps or any signs of her return.

I hope she shows up soon so I can start my darn cycle. Sheeesh!

pcocmom, isn't it funny how sometimes we pray that AF doesn't come, and other times we just can't wait for her to come? :rofl:

Hey Touch

Good luck! I will keep checking to see how you get on next month.

FX

Kel x

For anyone doing IUI's in August.. here's your thread :)

Today I am CD1 and on my 4th cycle of IUI. Menopur, trigger, and endometrin are my meds of choice this cycle. Here's to hoping!

:yipee: I'm CD1 today!!!!!:yipee: I'm only 1 day behind you!!

This month will be my 3rd IUI TTC#2 (but I've had 5 IUI's total counting my IUI's with TTC#1).

I will also be using prometrium this cycle which I am not digging cuz I had to use it in January's cycle and it made me SOOOOO tired and crampy.

I'm still feeling a bit of achy'ness on my right ovary. Praying for a CLEAN ultrasound on Monday!!!! [-o<

After seeing many posts about triggering and the size of their dominant follicle...it made me ponder...WHAT size are doctors REALLY looking for?? Some people are triggering at 15mm, some at 18mm and even some at 20mm. I didn't understand why everyone was so different, so I had to do a little research. Maybe this will help everyone else too?

My doctor always has me wait 1-2 days after my ultrasound (normally mine are at 18mm, then I trigger 2 days later---which means they gotta be around 20-22mm)

Anyhow ... here's what I found:

Q: At what size are follicles considered mature?

A: Many doctors monitor follicle development during IUI cycles. Most trigger when the dominant follicle is within a certain size range. While there is always some difference in doctor preference, the norms are unmedicated 20-24mm, clomiphene citrate 20-24mm, FSH-only meds 17 or 18mm minimum, and FSH+LH would be 16 or 17mm minimum. It is possible for slightly smaller follicles, 14-15mm, to contain a viable egg. Also, follicles continue to grow until they release, usually at a rate of about 1-2 mm per day. A woman may ovulate more than one follicle in a cycle, but the releases will occur within 24 hours. When hCG is not used, only follicles close in size are likely to release. The use of hCG induces ovulation in about 95 percent of women, and will get most mature follicles to rupture.

Q: What should estradiol (E2) level be at time of hCG trigger?

A: The E2 level should be 200-600pg/ml per 18mm follicle. Some doctors are content with a minimum level of 150, but higher tends to be better.

Girl, you're speakin my language. I also hate the prometrium for the same reasons, and I'm scared that I have a cyst. I have a scan Monday.. when is your first scan?

Aum- keep us posted :)

My RE told me he prefers the follies to be at least 20mm to trigger..

Girl, you're speakin my language. I also hate the prometrium for the same reasons, and I'm scared that I have a cyst. I have a scan Monday.. when is your first scan?

Aum- keep us posted :)

I'm hoping to get in Monday. They are normally really good about getting me in. :thumbup:

Well ladies I won't do IUI but I feel like you ladies are my cheerleaders so I'm sticking in this forum for august :)

Af is due next weekend so I'll be around mid august later than you guys but august nonetheless! I'm praying that the lap makes her come early!!!!

Our clinic has always said they want to see he follicles around 20mm at trigger time - and I have only used clomid so it is consistent with your findings .... Maybe if I have to move to fsh drugs they would trigger earlier!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend :)

Yeah Springy! I'm glad you're "back in the game" :rofl:

I have my scan today and I'm a nervous wreck. I've had anxiety about it all weekend. Yesterday I had sharp pains in my right ovary area, and I'm just convinced that I have a cyst! :( Ahh this process is emotionally draining I swear.

How are ya doing aum and pcosmom?

Hi there, thanks for asking! I've had a really slow response to my medication this round. Last cycle, I triggered with HCG after 10 days of Menopur injections. This round, I am currently on day 14 of injections. On day 10 my doctor also added in a daily injection of low dose hcg. I worry that my whole cycle will be cancelled due to this slow response and will find out more tomorrow.

As a side note - since you asked about follicle size, my doctor likes to see at least 17 to 18mm before triggering.

Hi ladies, AF made her appearance today, so I am officially in for an August IUI. I asked my doctor about doing injectibles this month, but they would like to try one round with 100 mg of clomid before moving on to the injectibles. Here's hoping that doubling my clomid kicks my follies into gear!

PCOSMom and Touch, I hope your CD 3 scans went well with no cysts to report.

Yeah Springy! I'm glad you're "back in the game" :rofl:

I have my scan today and I'm a nervous wreck. I've had anxiety about it all weekend. Yesterday I had sharp pains in my right ovary area, and I'm just convinced that I have a cyst! :( Ahh this process is emotionally draining I swear.

I called first thing this morning to get an appt for my CD3 scan (which is TODAY) ... I can't believe I have to talk to the medical assistant instead of just making an appt with the receptionist. I live 1.5 hours away from my fertility clinic ... I'm running out of time today. I better not miss this cycle due to them not calling me back. Grrrrrr :growlmad:

I do believe I will be switching clinics next month. This is ridiculous!

:hi: ladies! can I join?

I took my last BCP on Friday and still no AF... ugh, when you want her to show, she's no where to be found..... she should be due any day now, I wish she would hurry up....
I'll be on Follistim, Trigger shot, and then IUI. This will be my first cycle using infertility drugs and going through this process so Im excited and nervous at the same time. I pray that the first time is lucky for us but I know, we're not that lucky but Im going to stay positive and keep all the negative feelings away... :thumbup:

PCOS: yay for AF arriving :happydance: I hope you get to go in today for u/s and b/w. :hugs: keep us posted.

TTS: did you go in for the scan yet? how did it go? :hugs:

Michelle78: :hi: there! FXed for you!

aum: :hugs: I hope everything works out for you :hugs:

:hi: Springy :hugs:

Clinic can't get me in till tomorrow, they said to take the Femara today and I have an appt tomorrow at 11am :shock:

I can't believe they are letting me take fertility meds and I think I have a cyst! HOLY COW this clinic has gone off the deep end!!! :growlmad:

I would switch clinics today if I wasn't in the middle of a cycle.

I know our clinic often will do the initial scans on CD4 but I never started meds till CD5 so it wasn't an issue. I too am shocked that they will allow you to take the meds without a scan first.

Are there clinics closer to you that you have investigated??

I placed a call to the clinic today about my "bleeding" / "spotting" etc. no call back yet!!! And I know they close at 3:30 EST. NOT impressed. I am thinking this may be AF showing up about a week early - which I'm fine with!!! Get's me back into the trying game sooner!!!!!!!!!!

I normally take Femara CD3-CD7 ... so they always scan on CD3 prior to taking meds. This clinic was seamless when I first used them to get prego with my daughter. I would call at 8am and get a call back at 815am. After having my daughter and now 3 years since that IUI, it has gone downhill. ALL new employee's which I don't click well with. The previous crew were so caring, this one couldn't care less.

If I have a cyst OR am out for any reason this month, I am switching doctors. I found another clinic about 45 minutes from my house. It gets awesome reviews too.

Thank goodness for reports...https://ivfreports.org/ranking/index.php?page=ranking
Least there are success rates and stuff to view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"