IUI/IVF general Q's and A's if you've got some

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
How long did you women wait to try IUI or IVF?
What are your experiences?
Is one better than the other?

Me and Hubby are contemplating maybe IUI though we don't know yet if we have male fertility issues yet and I really want a good sense of our options before we have to face them head on.
IUI is probably more of what's available to us, just based on pricing
I need feedback ladies!
Lots of Love!

We are doing our first Iui this month, after 18months of Ttc. I have my first follicle scan on Monday, and then will trigger and have the Iui next week sometime, hopefully! Iui is a lot more affordable than I expected. Ours will end up bing about 520.00 with the hcg trigger shot included.. My insurance doesnt cover any infertility treatment, so it's out of pocket for us..

Thanks for your reply!
That sounds a whole lot more affordable than IVF.
Me and my hubs have only been at it for 7 cycles so we still have a while to wait,
I wish you luck with this IUI I hope it sticks!

Hi there,
Given my age at the time (38), we met with an RE after a year of trying (should have met with her after 6 months but tried to stick it out naturally). After all of the tests showed that DH's sperm wasn't an A+ and I have DOR, we went straight to IVF and skipped IUI b/c that would have been a waste of money for us.
Good luck to you!

Thanks for your reply!
That sounds a whole lot more affordable than IVF.
Me and my hubs have only been at it for 7 cycles so we still have a while to wait,
I wish you luck with this IUI I hope it sticks!

My re doesn't make you wait a year.. They say, whenever you feel is to long and nothing has happened, come see us. And Ty me too!!!

I had 9 cycles of Clomid then went to ivf which was funded but iui wasn't funded
as there wasn't a sperm issue it's not always thought to be any better than dtd naturally
If iui is more affordable and your happy with it then go for it but if it doesn't work out right for you consider ivf before spending too much on iui which could have gone towards an ivf cycle, seen many ladies on here say they should have gone to ivf first due to money spent on iui, especially with the success rates of ivf these days
good luck with what you decide :)

Hi huni we've had to go straight to ivf icsi due to dh sperm level if we'd have had the choice we would have preferred to try the other way 1st were very fortunate that most of our treatment is funded so wasn't due to costing I guess that way feels a little more natures way and less science. Whatever advice your given tho go with what your guts telling you then you have no regret. And any worries this place is the best to ask as these ladies really are a big help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->