IUI Medication Plan Question

wristwatch24

Mom to DD and TTC #2 :)
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am doing IUI #2 after a successful IUI in November 2012. My RE wants to do things a little differently to hopefully be successful again.

My IUI in 2012 was used with Clomid and a trigger shot, baby aspirin, and progesterone.

This time he wants to do Femara days 3-7 instead of Clomid. The part that seems strange is that I was prescribed an antibiotic, doxycycline, to take the same days (3-7) as the Femara. I was in a hurry to get to work and didn't thikn anything of it until now. Why would I be prescribed an antibiotic? I tried Googling this and couldn't really find anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

I would ask the doctor ,but I think its just a precaution to prevent a infection. I have heard of women going through IVF being prescribed doxycyline but not for a femara & IUI cycle.

I took it for my ivf cycle and will do it again for my fet. It's just a precaution to prevent infection. I assume because they are passing through your cervix but have never taken it for my iuis or heard of anyone taking it for iuis.

I've not heard of this before, so I'm no help with the protocol. But I just want to make sure you take a probiotic and eat lots of good prebiotic & fermented foods (it's easy to google what these are if you are not familiar) while on and after finishing the doxy. You do not want the good & necessary bacteria in your gut to be wiped out by the antibiotic!! Perhaps your doctor instructed you about this, but I doubt it, most don't. A healthy, diverse gut flora is super important and antibiotics can be very damaging to this balance. I peak from experience & the nasty bugger that ended up taking up shop in my gut (candida albicans) does not want to leave. It is very stubborn. Grrr... Avoid this if you can!

GL to you, I hope the first IUI does the trick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->